Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Can't get to 20 carbs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=149706)

bluebird5 Tue, Nov-18-03 22:16

Can't get to 20 carbs

Hi, this is my second induction day and I'm having trouble getting to 20 carbs with the limit on cheese and veggies. I'm eating like 5 eggs a day, and don't think I can eat anymore in one day. I went to fit day and yesterday I only ate 16 carbs and today I ate 18. With the acceptable Items on the induction list in the Atkins book I'm finding it impossible to eat 20 carbs. Any suggestions? Another question, In the book it says to eat 30 minutes after awakening- I have a baby :baby: who wakes very early morning to eat my the time I prepare her bottle and feed herit takes about 45 minutes(she's a very slow eater!) Then I go back to sleep for a while. Does this count as awakening? Do I need to eat something in this time? Thnks for any help.

MetilHed Tue, Nov-18-03 23:28

If you aren't hungry (and since you're going back to sleep) then I don't see why you should eat.

As for getting enough carbs, I think eggs have more than zero, but not quite 1, there for 0 on the package (or <1) but should count as some. I too found it hard to get to 20g eating mostly veggies, meat and cheese (and eggs in the beginning). But figured as long as I wasn't going over 20, it was all good.

HTH

Jeff

digwig Tue, Nov-18-03 23:34

bluebird,

Adequate sleep is an important part of weight loss, so make it a priority as it helps keep your stress hormones down.

The eat within thirty minutes thing is really to make sure you don't start your day with no fuel in your system (since you've been fasting while asleep) and then end up with low blood sugar which can lead to overeating later in the day and skew your caloric balance in a way that will slow your loss.

Hope this helps

Dig

Lilbug Wed, Nov-19-03 00:03

I have never been one for breakfast! Ofcourse until Atkins.

I have a friend who has done Atkins, she would get up and feed her baby at around 6am (I think) go back to bed for a couple more hours and then get up and eat. And she did fine!!

Lilbug

LilaCotton Wed, Nov-19-03 01:48

If you aren't reaching 20 carbs a day, you can eat more veggies to get it there. Your body will feel a lot better on 20 carbs than it will on 15. :)

tampa_girl Wed, Nov-19-03 06:23

I agree with Lila...definitely more veggies!

bluebird5 Wed, Nov-19-03 16:31

Thanks everyone!

rrmalns Wed, Nov-19-03 16:37

I love to eat! I hardly ever had a problem reaching 20 during induction :p

BlitzedAng Wed, Nov-19-03 19:37

If Im a lil low on carbs for the day I just eat vegtables a lil higher in carbs..I am a calliflower holic tho :)