Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Newbie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=149081)

brownious Sat, Nov-15-03 14:25

Hi,

Started my new lifestyle four days ago, going to weigh myself in about four days and see how it is going. A half dozen reasons came together at the same time, one of them being a new all time high weight of 290 lbs. So I really am just barely a triple digit, 105 lbs lost as a goal. That will put me at 185 if things go well.

Following Atkins, learning as I go, sticking to induction so far as I understand it. My fitday log is: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=brownious

34 year old father of a four year old daughter. I have her six days a week, her mom watches her Saturday night to Sunday evening. So, I'm pretty busy with her, her school, my work, and everything. 105 lbs less weight to carry around will make things easier and better I think :>)

MisterE Sat, Nov-15-03 15:14

1st: Welcome!
2nd: Charlie Brown is my hero! My edit suite is home to over 200 Charlie Brown thingies. I guess it is like a miniature Charles Schulz museum. Charlie and I were born the same year; I got to direct the play, You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, for TV back during New Year's eve 1969.
Good old, Charlie Brown!

diemde Sat, Nov-15-03 15:59

Welcome to the TDC. :wave: I am sure you will find a lot of support here from these wonderful people. I am a single parent so can imagine how busy you are! They grow up fast, though. My daughter is 17.

Happy lc'ing! :sunny:

tulips Sat, Nov-15-03 16:10

Welcome to the Triple Digit Club...we have triple digits to lose (over 100+)....Look fwd to getting to know you better...

Atkins4myW Sat, Nov-15-03 17:15

welcome to the triple digit club. Happy low carbing to you. I'm sure your daughter will be delighted to help you stay on your plan.

HAppy low carbing to you.

pixy_nixy Sat, Nov-15-03 17:56

Hi! Just wanted to say welcome to the board. This is a great place for support, commiseration and recipes. "Laughs" Yes the recipes are VERY important. ttyl!

Pacenco Sat, Nov-15-03 18:44

:yay: Browonious - Hi! You sound like a great dad! And Charlie Brown is one of my favorite people. That is so cool - and yep, you're at the right place. I just started a few days ago and feel very comfortable with my TDC support group. They're here for any need you have or to help you celebrate your successes. Good luck! Jellogirl

mudknife Sat, Nov-15-03 20:52

Hi brownious, welcome. I'm a dad too but luckily I have my DW to share things with. You are to be commended as a single parent for taking responsibility in raising your daughter.

Tedmom Sat, Nov-15-03 21:00

Howdy and welcome to the wonderful LC world! I'm a mom of a 7 y/o girl who thinks she is really 16. You think that once they start talking and can clean up their own room you are home free, but you have another thing coming :) Back on topic... This forum is terrific and filled with wonderful advice and encouragement. Check out the recipe section, I'd be cooked, literally, without it. Good luck to you! Julie.

brownious Sat, Nov-15-03 22:36

Thanks for the welcome, learning more each day :>)

Gimmpy Sat, Nov-15-03 22:47

Welcome to the TDC.
I have a 3 year old grandson. When he use to visit all I ever did was sit in a big chair. Just too tired to get up and I sure could not bend down to play with him. He use to cry when ever he came over cause he did not want to be here. Now with 90 lbs gone I have so much energy and I can get on the floor with him, run and take him to the park. He just loves his new grandpa and ask to come over here all the time.
I'm sure your little girl will love the new you to. Just take it one day at a time. Your going to get so much more out of this WOL than just smaller pants.

brownious Sun, Nov-16-03 22:55

I bought a scale today so I can weigh myself. See how it goes next week, but it looks like I have lost 10 lbs in eight days. I can hardly believe it.

memaw O5 Mon, Nov-17-03 10:08

Hey brownious: Not only welcome but congratulation on your 10 pounds lost!:yah: Is it not a great feeling to step on that scale and see missing pounds? Not that you miss them, but they are missing!!! You are doing the right thing for yourself and your little girl. Sandi J.

lamom Mon, Nov-17-03 19:45

Welcome! This is a great place to find support along your journey.

kyrasdad Mon, Nov-17-03 20:02

Welcome! I have only been here a couple of weeks, but think it's a fantastic place for advice & support. My wife accuses me of being obsessed with reading these boards, but I find it to be theraputic. I say things here I've never -- and probably never will -- say to anyone in person.

Congratulations on your losses, and onward & downward.

-Scott