Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   have to snack... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=146374)

krystle Sun, Nov-02-03 09:00

have to snack...

today is probably my 17th day into atkins...had 2 weeks of induction and actually wanted to extend it...to lose more..(lost around 5 lb..with 2 times cheating.. =< )...but i'm having exam now and i think due to stress...i'm snacking a lotttt....(tts y i usually gain weight after exam)... and i realise that on this diet i can't afford to snack that much...even with cheese and stuffs..if i snack on them my calorie and carb intake will still be way too much...what should i do?

and in the end..today.....i ended up taking fries..and rice...but i vomitted them all out!...i ate them even when i'm feeling full..but did not feel bloated when i finish them......i have sensitive stomach and usually if i eat abit too much..i will vomit the food...but today when i eat those..i'm not even feeling very full..juz satisfied..yet i vomitted.......izzit becoz i'm used to low carb already or wat?...i'm worried...thanz in advance

krystle Sun, Nov-02-03 09:31

oh ya....and when i tried to take normal sweet chocolates today...it tasted sooooooooo sweet...toooo sweet for me to even take one small bite....last time b4 i start on atkins...i can take whole packet..around 20+ small chocolates in 1 day!!....izzit bcoz of this diet or juz the way i'm making myself think it is?..

PurpleStix Sun, Nov-02-03 23:48

After a while with LC everything that has added sugar tastes really sweet. Folks can even taste it in their salad dressing.

Some of my favourite LC snacks are nuts, peanut butter or cheese whiz on celery, slices of melon, cheese. If you can stay in ketosis, it will help with the hunger.

Since you are under stress right now, take care of yourself in other ways: listen to music, laugh with friends, take a walk, do yoga, read the funnies ...
but make sure you eat properly: that will help a lot especially if sugar gives you mood swings.

Get some healthy oils like flax oil, olive oil and oily fish. They will help your brain, help you study and write the exam, and perhaps help your mood too.

LilaCotton Mon, Nov-03-03 22:10

Yes, this WOE definitely has an affect on how our bodies react to different foods.

In addition to the foods PurpleStyx suggested for snacks, you might also consider a half an avocado, pork skins, a couple of handfuls of almonds (about 1/4 cup), or some sunflower seeds (seriously, eat them one or two seeds at a time). These foods are high in fat which greatly help with the 'munchies'.

If a person's a stress eater, it's really hard to break that habit, but it's one that needs to be broken. (I know--I'm working on it myself. ;) )

krystle Tue, Nov-04-03 06:22

hey guyz..thanz for those comments...actually i wanted to give up already...i even took all normal food already...but after one day of switching over...i realise that i don't like those food already...*yeah* ....and i'm now back to atkins....but i guess i'm already out of ketosis.....got to start again...but i'm not going harsh on myself... i'm still snacking on nuts...but other than that...nothing else.....but definitely...my apetite have gone down a lott....and i'm not snacking as much already... =)