Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   cheese (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=145693)

hpah1 Wed, Oct-29-03 14:01

cheese

Has anyone ever eaten more then the recommended amount of cheese/day and still lost weight? I love cheese and have a hard time sticking to 3 ounces day.

Thanks

vbrowne Wed, Oct-29-03 14:04

I eat about 6 without any problems - just watch your calories, it really adds up. I'm a total cheesaholic :)

Vikki

Janey Wed, Oct-29-03 14:17

I am the exact same way. In fact I had to almost cut out cheese. I was really becomming addicted. It also tends to upset my bathroom schedule if you KWIM. LOL.

I now save cheese for a special treat snack or with a salad or omelet. I try not to snack on it every day.

hpah1 Wed, Oct-29-03 14:35

Thanks for the input! I, too, feel like a "cheesaholic". Since I have just started, I don't want to cut anything totally out yet. I guess I will see how my two weeks goes and then if I am not losing the weight that I want to, I will try to limit it to an ounce or two a day. I sure hope that it does not come down that though! I would definelty have withdrawals!!!

Ohio Kim Wed, Oct-29-03 14:41

I eat cheese all the time and do fine. I love it and it hasn't affected me at all.

atiaran Wed, Oct-29-03 14:43

MMMM, cheese! The hardest thing about cheese is its convenience. Really easy to just cut a couple slices to snack on!
Best to stick as close to that 3 oz as possible during induction though.

beachjen Wed, Oct-29-03 14:47

Cheese works for me. It makes some people constipated but I am fine with it and still losing slowly. I don't really understand the prob with it though...it's high fat and low carb so if you don't feel sick and continue to lose then go with it!

hpah1 Wed, Oct-29-03 14:52

Question for Beachjen...we started at about the same weight...did you eat as much cheese as you wanted when you started (induction)? How long did it take you to lose your first 17 pounds? You said it was slow...how slow?

hpah1 Wed, Oct-29-03 14:56

Ohio Kim...when you say "all the time", what exactly do you mean? Once a day? Twice a day? I could eat cheese at every meal and as a snack in between. I don't, but it is struggle for me to limit it.

Rachelle Wed, Oct-29-03 15:10

I eat cheese all the time... probably everyday... not more than 4 oz. though... some days less some days more... I think i am doing okay though... alittle slow going some weeks... but i just figure.. I lost all this weight eating cheese... if i stall it isn't cuz of the cheese... just my opinion

hpah1 Wed, Oct-29-03 15:14

Thanks Rachelle...I was wondering if people were "losing" or "maintaining" when they eat cheese. I know that I can't cut it out totally so I will just have to watch and see how it affects me.

cc48510 Wed, Oct-29-03 16:47

The amount of Cheese I eat varies. On an average weekday, I take in probably 2-4 oz. On a Friday [when I hit Ryan's All You-Can-Eat Steak Night] I probably eat closer to 4-6 oz.