Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   confused about walnuts and heavy cream (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=145661)

mkjulian Wed, Oct-29-03 10:38

confused about walnuts and heavy cream

I bought some walnuts last night called Fisher's naturals, It says 2 oz contains 3 grams carbs, and 3 grams dietary fiber. I ate the whole 2 oz bag :dazzle: and thank God my weight was still the same this morning. and on the heavy cream, a friend told me to try it with diet rite, I did and it was delicious. Is this allowed?I have been on this diet for 6 1/2 weeks and on Monday weighed myself and lost my very first amount of weight. The scales dropped 14 lbs :Party:

sybs Wed, Oct-29-03 11:03

Heavy cream and diet rite?!?

How do you mix that one? Do you use the cola and the heavy cream? Can you substitute it with half and half?
That;s a new one for me!

gawdess Wed, Oct-29-03 11:18

Its like making a cream soda I think! As long as you count the carbs in the cream and you dont use a ton you should be ok

potatofree Wed, Oct-29-03 11:38

The carbs were evidentally already subtracted in the Walnuts. Some companies do it that way.

Small amounts of cream are okay, as long as you don't overdo it.

Good work so far!

mkjulian Wed, Oct-29-03 13:21

I got the heavy cream in the refrigerator section and it says it doesnt have carbs, it is yummy mixed with the Diet Rite!!! I just put a little in the bottom of my glass and filled with the cola and ice. :Party:

Grimalkin Wed, Oct-29-03 15:44

I think heavy cream has about 0.8 carbs per 2 tbsp.

I have to really watch myself with this stuff because it is SOOO good in everything, decaf coffee, teas, sauces, eggs...

mkjulian Wed, Oct-29-03 15:49

Thanks, I only drink it in my D.R. cola, and I only drink one of them a day, but it sure made it tasty! What about the walnuts, was I wrong in eating the 2 oz bag?I've been eating sunflower seeds but they contain SOO much salt!

Sunslyte Wed, Oct-29-03 19:06

for what its worth.....

In regard to eating something last night and weighing this morning, it always takes a couple of days for a "weight reaction" for any change in what you eat.

The only exception I can think of is if you eat something that makes you retain water or bloat.

potatofree Wed, Oct-29-03 19:41

If you're out of induction, nuts are fine. Just count the carbs. Cream, cheese, eggs, etc. DO contribute carbs. In the US, a food can be labeled "0 carbs" as long as it's under a gram per serving. Even if it's .99999!!! So you can see how it can add up, especially since their idea of a "serving" is pretty small!

Idabelle Thu, Oct-30-03 19:52

I read today that macodamia nuts are very low carb. They are so tasty too.

mkjulian Thu, Oct-30-03 22:25

The only macadamia nuts I can find here contain 6 grams of carbs and 4 of those are sugar, being diabetic, I stay away from them. When I was in Houston we had a place that sold them fresh, and they were my favorite snack.