Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Beer lover & still losing (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=145216)

streakymom Mon, Oct-27-03 11:58

Beer lover & still losing

I drink the Mic Low Carb beer several times a week & havent noticed that it stalls my weight loss--yet anyways. I have been lc for 6 wks & started at 200 & am almost at 180. My goal is 150. Im losing pretty quickly even with the alcohol - I stopped for a wk & didnt lose anymore than normal. I have cheated a few times & that didnt seem to stop the weight loss either -- Im not pushing it anymore though! :)

If I hit a stall than Ill cut the weekly beer out for sure! My weight loss is more important the the taste of beer!!

Anyone else out there who enjoys beer or wine & still losing?

woolina Mon, Oct-27-03 12:04

I do still lose, but I dont think I lose as fast when I imbibe... If I drink, I am sure to drink water also, and I eat smaller meals throughout the day then dont eat late (avoid those late night drive thrus when you got a buzz) I also drink the Mic Ultras, and plug them into fit day (I added as a custom food) so that when I look back for patterns if I stall, I will see if that has been a factor.

potatofree Mon, Oct-27-03 12:09

I'm happy for you that you're finding it so easy. You seem to be in the lucky minority, but enjoy it, I guess!

streakymom Mon, Oct-27-03 12:10

Yeah!! Someone else! No tipsy driving for me! ;)
I see your goal of 135 & I would love to be there! I set mine at 150 since Im a size 7/8 & feel good there but 135 would be high school days! Oh wow! After three kids imagine that! Your doing a great job!!

streakymom Mon, Oct-27-03 12:13

Potatofree---I dont know if Im finding exactly that easy! LOL----believe me, with three kiddos in the house its so hard not to lick the frosting for the school cupcakes off my fingers! One little lick & Im done for the day! I cant pop the dropped raisins or goldfish crackers in my mouth like I used to! Talk about having to retrain the brain!

potatofree Mon, Oct-27-03 12:18

Oh, dear! I didn't mean easy in THAT sense...it's a challenge even when the weight is coming off...

I meant that a lot of us tend to stall with the slightest deviations from the plan.

ashley1 Mon, Oct-27-03 12:19

I too have been drinking the whole time (I didn't even really quit on induction, but cut WAY back). I don't drink to excess but enjoy a glass or two of wine with a meal once or twice a week and a low carb beer or vodka martini or two on the weekends. IT doesn't seem to slow my loss. I did plan a big cheat for the Great American Beer Festival here in Denver and had bad effects, it was after all, real beer. I gained three pounds (and I had two slices of real pizza) and it took two weeks to get rid of them. But after I got that off (and it wasn't worth it by the way) I am still losing a steady one pound a week...

woolina Mon, Oct-27-03 12:51

I am not sure that I will get there, i have two kids. That is what I used to weigh before kids and a hysterectomy and :wink: a few pounds ago :wink: I set it as a goal originally when I started this WOE mainly I think because that is the goal I set on every diet I have been on. now that I have found out this really works, I may stop short of goal, depends on what I look and feel like when I get to that point. 150 may be the number for me. I found that setting mini goals was a great idea (and I learned it here) so that even though you haven't reached your ultimate goal, you still have positive reinforcement and the satisfaction of reaching a goal!

gawdess Mon, Oct-27-03 13:52

I drink Friday and Saturday nights (diet soda and Vodka) and I seem to be ok...

ian559 Mon, Oct-27-03 14:10

I have a thin ice or a rum and diet rc cola now and then. I have had low carb margaritas too....
Dont seem to effect me but then I dont do it often

nitwit Mon, Oct-27-03 15:36

I have found it quite hard to give up alcohol on this WOL .... I really enjoy a glass or two of wine after work, but try and keep it out of control ... with each glass my self-discipline goes down a couple of notches ... and it is easy for me to get stuck into a hazy high-carb carnage ...

Will defo try the michelob lights .... did try a spell on gin and diet tonic, but was pole-axed after a couple!!!

ah well!!!

Lindy

Colleen1 Wed, Oct-29-03 10:48

I'm still losing, and I drink Miller Lite now and then. Alcohol really increases my appetite, though, so I have to watch it. It's too easy for me to go overboard on calories if I've had a couple.

siara28 Wed, Oct-29-03 11:00

A glass of wine at nights about 4-5 nights of the week, and it didn't effect my weight loss either. :-)
Heidi

wordlady Thu, Oct-30-03 05:24

I LOVE that about this WOE. Ultra, AND LeCarb ice cream don't affect my weight loss :-)

SeeMyself Thu, Oct-30-03 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitwit
I have found it quite hard to give up alcohol on this WOL .... I really enjoy a glass or two of wine after work,
Lindy

I am like you nitwit (cute name) I have had a hard time giving up my lite beers... My husband and I enjoy a few in the evening when its "our" time, and I have decided not to give them up, I am loosing slowly, "but steady" and still not feeling deprived of a little pleasure that I truly enjoy! I low carb all day and at dinner, (my dh has just recently joined in with me after watching me) and I count in those extra carbs from the beer, I think since I allow myself this pleasure it keeps me more in line (I'd rather have a beer than "blow it" on a plate of pasta!) Take care.