Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Time to slow down? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143781)

potatofree Sun, Oct-19-03 13:05

Time to slow down?

Since starting CAD, and taking a few days to adjust..once the weight started dropping, it's really GOING!

By my chart, it's going down an average of just over a half-pound a DAY....

Is this a fluke? I'm wondering if it's the water weight I put on when I first started coming off... I feel fine, great, actually. I'm not dying of hunger between meals, in fact I've been on one CM and RM a day, and have added a CM snack regularly.

I'm not complaining, mind you, but am wondering if I should put the brakes on a bit, or just enjoy the ride!!!

Vel Sun, Oct-19-03 16:09

Hiya PF,

I wouldn't worry just yet. My first week on CAD, I went from 328 to 318.5, then the second week I ended up at 316. Part of it could be water weight that you gained with the switch. I think it will level off after a little while. So long as your energy level is good and you aren't hungry, I wouldn't worry. Your body would tell you if you were going too fast, I think.

I think it is wonderful to see you doing so well :) And, I wanted to tell you that I am going to get Dr. Phil's book after hearing you talk about it. I don't know anything about him, having never seen the show, but it sounds as though there is lots of good ideas in the book. Thanks for the tip :)

Take care,
Tracy

KittenLady Mon, Oct-20-03 10:22

Hi,
I lost like gangbusters at the beginning, then slowed way down. But, I'm not in a hurry. :D

BTW, I love the Dr. Phil book. I've been working on it slowly, and it makes a lot of good points/suggestions. I think he's GREAT (IMHO). He tells it like it is.

BeccaResRN Mon, Oct-20-03 10:29

I would just ride it out I have had times at which the weight just started slipping off and then others where it inched along so enjoy and just know its working :)

JACQUIE UK Mon, Oct-20-03 11:10

Dr Phill???

Sorry to sound silly, but who is Dr Phill??
What is his book about?
And if its that good, what is it called?
I dont think we have Dr Phill in the UK.
Thanks
Jacquie

kaerbear Mon, Oct-20-03 11:41

Dr. Phil is a talk show therapist who came to fame on the Oprah winfrey show. I think he has his own show now.
I am not really sure because I work during the day and that's when all those talk shows are on.

:) Kari

Jalera2003 Mon, Oct-20-03 13:00

Potatofree: I'm with the others. Just enjoy the ride. There have been a few times when "Weight Commander" has told me to slow down, I just laughed!

Tess M Mon, Oct-20-03 13:13

Same here. I say--take whatever you can get and enjoy. It might not always be so fast... :p

potatofree Mon, Oct-20-03 13:29

Just what I hoped to hear...:lol:

Dr Phil is a hard-"nosed" Texan, who tels it like it is. Some people hate him for that, but he's seldom far from the truth, no matter HOW a person tries to fool themselves...He's big on personal responsibility and taking control of the things you CAN control.

You can get a taste of what he's like on drphil.com
He has his "readiness quiz" on there, and will be posting other things as he goes along. Personally, I was fooling myself about a LOT of things where my eating was concerned...