Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Did you miss me? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=14354)

rainny Tue, Jul-31-01 09:17

Did you miss me?

Cause I SURE missed ya'll!

Believe it or not…I’m back. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get back…I’ve been so very sick. It started as an intestinal thing. But then I think my immune system got so low that my chest filled with infection. Then just when I think I’m okay…I end up with a severe sinus infection. That I still have a touch of, but it’s manageable! Ha! Oh and did I mention my hair was falling out by the handfuls! I was laying in bed sick a couple of weeks back, and I asked my husband if he would still love me if I was bald, fat with only one lung and no control over my bowl movements! Hee Hee! He looks at me and said…do I still have time to pack! Ha! Then started laughing.

Anyway I’m back…and I sure did miss all of ya’ll! How’s everyone doing! How many newbies do we have now? For all of the newbies…it WASN’T the diet that did this. I ate some bad meat at a restaurant is what I figure…due to the fact that I started getting sick about 30 minutes later. SO PLEASE DON’T think it’s the diet! This is a great diet, and I have had great success in the past with this…and right up to the day I got sick. I would have gotten of over the illness sooner if I could have stayed on the diet. But…I ate allot of bread to keep allot of meds down.

Moral of the story…
What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger!
L:DRRAINE

doreen T Tue, Jul-31-01 09:24

She's BACK!!!

Oh, I missed you so much!!!!!!!!

{{{{hugs}}}}

Glad you're feeling better. My aunt was laid low for 3 months after eating some potato salad at a restaurant salad bar... salmonella ... because although the salad itself was sitting on a bed of ice -- back in the kitchen, the mayonnaise and other ingredients sat out on the counter for hours... :mad:

So good to see you posting again, take care

Doreen

fern2340 Tue, Jul-31-01 11:18

Hi Lorraine!

I am VERY glad to see you back and glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. I haven't been around much either (although my excuse is not as good as yours!!) but starting a couple days ago, I've been coming regularly so we can come back together!!!

Continue to get well!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

borlisch Tue, Jul-31-01 11:20

Welcome back, of course you were missed. Sorry you were so sick.

Take care and know we all care.

BArb

Karen Tue, Jul-31-01 11:21

WELCOME BAAACCKKK!

I was wondering where you were...

Karen

rainny Tue, Jul-31-01 11:22

Hey Fern!

Well welcome back yourself then!:p And thanks! How have you been doing? I've thought allot about you and wonder how you where while I was gone!
L:cool:RRAINE

fern2340 Tue, Jul-31-01 11:30

Re: Hey Fern!

Quote:
Originally posted by rainny
Well welcome back yourself then!:p And thanks! How have you been doing? I've thought allot about you and wonder how you where while I was gone!
L:cool:RRAINE

I have been ok....
I am off the CKD for now. It was a bit too hard for me with my basketball schedule this summer. I am playing in two leagues and I play every Tuesday and Thursday night (sometimes twice a night) and my energy level was wayyyyy down.
So, right now I am exercising a lot and just kind of watching what I am eating.... But things are going well....

I am very glad to see you back! Keep smiling!!
Linda

tamarian Tue, Jul-31-01 11:33

Hey Rainny, welcome back!! Of course we missed you! ;)

Wa'il

debbiedobson Tue, Jul-31-01 12:39

welcome back rainny!! i'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! you certainly were missed around here!

rainny Tue, Jul-31-01 14:25

Thanks everyone!

I missed all of you VERY MUCH!
Lorraine

numberonewendy Tue, Jul-31-01 22:09

Oops...I'm a bit late on this...but then look who it is...me..Wendy...LOL...(I'm always trying to catch up with the journal that I forget about here sometimes...LOL)

Welcome back girl...so sorry to hear about your sickness :(

Glad to see you back up and with us again :)

rainny Wed, Aug-01-01 08:28

numberonewendy

HI! & Thanks!
L:)RRAINE

montgomeryps99 Wed, Aug-01-01 10:07

Boy did I miss You

I am so glad you are back I have tried emailing you, I thought you feel off the face of the earth LOL:D. I didn't know you were sick so glad you are feeling better. Well I hope to hear from you this is your buddy Christine in Wyoming.