Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   just tried La Tortilla Factory Tortillas! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143092)

ykmaggie Wed, Oct-15-03 17:56

just tried La Tortilla Factory Tortillas!

Woweee!

My La Tortilla Factory Tortillas just arrived. I'm more than impressed, they're awesome!

Maggie

goodnfast Wed, Oct-15-03 18:09

Hi there: I love them too... hubby and I used to eat them every day at lunch but now we find that we have become sensitized to a soy taste in the them ... so we only have them about once a week. It's a good thing they freeze well. Some people on the forum have suggested that grilling/frying them softens the soy taste... we'll have to try that soon.
Regards

ykmaggie Wed, Oct-15-03 19:06

I think they would be great made as quesedillas, with cheese, chicken, salsa and sour cream...

Bet you wouldn't have any aftertaste then!

Maggie

Jennifer7 Wed, Oct-15-03 22:14

What kind/flavours did you get Maggie? I have them on order but they appear to be back-ordered, which is frustrating.

I have been really wanting to try these and so have many other people. They say they freeze well for up to 6 months.

ykmaggie Thu, Oct-16-03 10:26

I got garlic and plain. I ate a garlic one last night...

Jennifer where do you live? Is it psssible for you to order the tortillas from elsewhere?

I live in the Yukon and got them from Vancouver Island.

The postage shouldn't be much since they don't weight alot. If you ordered them expresspost you would get them in a few days.

Try this www.LowCarbCanada.com. It's the place I got mine. Great prices!

Maggie

2Airedales Thu, Oct-16-03 10:35

Hi

I have 4 packs in the freezer! I make fallitas with mine... Spicy Chicken, cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes & guacamole!

My favorite!

I paid $5 per pack at www.lowcarbfooddepot.ca

Diannem Sat, Oct-18-03 13:51

low carb in Bellingham

Hi everybody,
I was down in Bellingham last weekend and found a goldmine. The General Nutrition Center in the Sunset shopping complex has so much low carb stuff. I got low carb tortillas and some low carb ice cream. I got lemon flavor but they also have strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. If you don't know the area its right off the interstate right by K-Mart. I also got some Bread that was awesome.

ykmaggie Sat, Oct-18-03 16:45

Hi

My husband and I are flying to the Baja in December via Seattle. We have a late flight into Seattle which I haven't been able to change.

I'm thinking we might bag the leg from Vancouver to Seattle and drive there, just so we can shop. I see that Bellingham is about an hour from Seattle.

I'd be so excited to see all those LC things all in one store!

Thanks for letting us know about it...

Maggie