Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Russell Stover's no-suger added Chocolates (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143073)

blueowl Wed, Oct-15-03 15:08

Russell Stover's no-suger added Chocolates

Hey there all

If you want to try some really good No-suger added Chocolates, try Russell Stovers. You can get them at Wal-Mart. There peanut butter cups are better then atkins (about 3g of Carbs, for same size as Endulge). Plus they are cheaper, about $2.50 a bag- works out to about 3 Endulge bars.

I also checked out the companies website, and they are now selling low-carb chocolates. But of course they are not available in Canada. But they told me I could order them by calling 1-800-477-8683. And they would ship to Canada. Walmart in the states is carrying them, so on your next trip down you may want to check them out.

doreen T Wed, Oct-15-03 16:35

Russell Stover s/f candies are really yummy tasting. I like the pecan-caramel clusters ("turtles") and the pb cups. The only drawback is that they're made with hydrogenated oil, which means trans fats :( I wouldn't go overboard with these, maybe just a very occasional treat.

Here in Ontari-ari-ari-oh, they're available at Walmart, and also Shopper's Drug Mart.

Doreen

ozziesgirl Wed, Oct-15-03 18:38

Ok I saw the no sugar added Russel Stover chocolates at my Shoppers Drug Mart but it had lots of carbs. I haven't seen the sugar FREE ones. There is a difference right?

updown Wed, Oct-15-03 20:47

Just a warning for people with sensitive stomaches...

I had a severe pain/gas/diorhea reaction to those chocolates...the first time I thought it was just coincidence,,,since I only had one...the next time I knew for sure it was those chocolates.

RachelA Thu, Oct-16-03 07:15

Yes, I discovered that yesterday as well with the Sorbee p/b cups. Ugh. Does anyone know whay that is?
Rachel

updown Thu, Oct-16-03 21:43

Its probably the maltitol. :mad:

Allikins Thu, Oct-16-03 22:17

yup...sugar alcohols can have that affect on a lot of people. For some worse than others. That's why most SF candies and chocolate have the warning that it can have a laxative effect. I haven't had that bad problem with Russell Stover or Ross chocolates but I get tummy rumbles when I eat some hard candies.

IslandGirl Fri, Oct-17-03 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelA
Yes, I discovered that yesterday as well with the Sorbee p/b cups. Ugh. Does anyone know whay that is?
Rachel

See over on the right of your screen, under Quick Links, there's an article titled The Truth About Low Carb Sweeteners ? There's a LOT of valuable information there for low carbers. And tons of discussion about maltitol and other sugar alcohols (different products use different kinds or blends) on the Products forum, too.