Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   let us remember (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=142676)

skibunnie Mon, Oct-13-03 17:33

let us remember

Let us remember to love ourselves unconditionally and be kind to ourselves. Let us remember to not use eating or dieting as a way to punish ourselves. Let us remember to be honest with ourselves, and not to sabotage ourselves. Lets remember to be content with where we are, not fixated on the future or our goals.

These are things that Ive seemed to have forgotten recently. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of these things. :)

Bella22 Mon, Oct-13-03 17:34

I think we all really needed to hear that
thanks skibunny

Tashi Mon, Oct-13-03 17:36

Couldn't of said it better myself- thank you skibunnie

PHATBOY Mon, Oct-13-03 17:39

:thup: :thup: Nice, I will love myself more once i shed some of this weight....=)

Mossling Mon, Oct-13-03 19:25

Thanks, skibunnie. Good thoughts.

Jude

Dstar96920 Mon, Oct-13-03 19:29

Very nice! I think that actually applies to everyone, not just us "dieters", It's like a daily "affirmation". Now, I will try and make myself repeat it every morning. :)

tofi Mon, Oct-13-03 19:30

Good idea. Be patient with your body. It will rarely lose weight as fast as you wish. But keep giving it the right LC foods and the fat will go.

bevbme Thu, Jun-10-04 18:32

We do try to call food good and evil and punish or reward ourselves and people in our lives on how things fit in a self limiting mold. It should not be the central issue of our self respect.

Lisa N Thu, Jun-10-04 19:10

Great post, skibunnie! I'd like to add: Let us remember that a number on the scale or on the tag inside our shirt or pants does not define us as a person or determine our worth as a human being. :)

starkat Thu, Jun-10-04 20:13

I think the point of the original post was to reaffirm the fact that we must love ourselves *unconditionally* no matter what we weigh. To say that we will love ourselves more when we are thinner is not a true testament to unconditional love. Let me just add, that is WAY easier said than done. From reading the book "7 Habits of Highly Effective People," the author stresses that we need to have our core principles that define our attitudes towards life; these are INTERNAL principles that we adhere to, regardless. If we look to external things to determine our values or self worth, such as weight, we are bound to feel like failures. We will constantly be up and down, never having a good sense of what is important to us and what we know to be true. Look around you...there will always be someone greater than you...there will always be someone lesser than you...don't live your life looking for those lesser than you in order to feel good about yourself, to feel "love."
~Starkat