Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   New member (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=142128)

Pearaleg Fri, Oct-10-03 13:49

Hello to all you wonderful people! I happened on this website by accident and am so happy I found you! Reading some of the posts I see that most of you are young Moms, so my question is will you let an "Older" Mom join? LOL

I am 53 and started Atkins in April 2003. I did really great the first 2 months and lost 19 pounds. I was at a standstill to get any more weight of so I re-read the Atkins book and realized that I was so excited about losing weight I did not take any vitamin supplements. I started them in June and took off another 10 pounds. Then the test came along! I went on vacation and did not stay on the diet. So I have now gained back some of the weight I lost and on Monday went back on the diet again. The good news is that I an still less that I was when I first started!

I wish you all the best in your weight-loss.

Debbye AKA Pearaleg

Tashi Fri, Oct-10-03 13:54

Third times a charm.

Stick with it, your almost there!

Tashi

Pearaleg Fri, Oct-10-03 14:20

Thanks Tashi

Thanks for the support, we do tend to beat ourselves up don't we? I am not sure if my 1st message went to where it was supposed to go but I am glad I heard from you.

Debbye

Zuleka Fri, Oct-10-03 14:22

It's never too late to start over. Wish you lots of luck!!! :daze:

med234 Fri, Oct-10-03 14:33

Hi, Pearaleg.
I'm 52 and new too, and our stats are not much different.
Also, I'm about to go on holiday for 2 weeks, and hope I don't put too much on, like you managed.
Any tips? Did you avoid potatoes, pasta and rice? It's the booze and desserts that will be my downfall, I think!

Pearaleg Fri, Oct-10-03 16:22

Vacation

Hi Med,

I was able to stay away from the potatoes and bread but the desserts gave me a hard time. Most places where I ate had sugar-free desserts so that is what I went with and only ate 1/2 of whatever it was. The cheesecake was the best.

Eat lots of salads and drink lots of water, it helps to fill you up!

Good luck and enjoy your vacation
Debbye

med234 Sat, Oct-11-03 03:19

Thanks, Debbye.
Hope there will be sugar-free desserts. I read somewhere that if you have to eat dessert or other CHO, only a golf ball size portion. I might manage that!
By the way, when I said our stats are similar, I meant parallel. Obviously I'm heavier than you are, but I'm taller too.
I don't go on holiday till the 17th, so maybe we'll talk till then.

I was really sick in the night, but I think I had a fish bone stuck in my throat. I felt quite light-headed and dizzy this morning so I did have breakfast. Hope it is all over now!

Have a good LC day!

tassierose Sat, Oct-11-03 05:06

Hi Pearaleg,

I think you will find there are more of us "older" Moms around here *lol* .

Im 48 and just started on CAD, I love it, Im just hoping that it works for me as well as it has for many of the others.

anyway, welcome.

Rose