Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   If you like to eat out go here and get this! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=140640)

toeie Thu, Oct-02-03 10:29

If you like to eat out go here and get this!

Heyas folks! Well, its been a weird few weeks for me, and I'm kinda stalled at the moment, which sucks, but my woosh day will come ;)

Yesterday was my brothers birthday and I was kinda nervous cause we were going to go out to dinner. I hate eating out because all those warm carbs in your face and a menu full of carbs is a little hard to handle. But we went to Bennigans and Omg they had the best LC thing in the world!!!!

Smothered Chicken!

Its 2 chicken breasts with mushrooms and onions, and bacon and cheese on top! It came with 2 sides I could pick so I got green beans and Broccoli! Wow it was very very very very good! I totally reccommend it to anyone who likes to eat out!

So if ya go there and get it enjoy!

ian559 Thu, Oct-02-03 10:38

It's a great dish. I mkae something like this at home now after having it there a few months ago. Most yummy.

Xeles Thu, Oct-02-03 10:44

Thanx for the tip, that's one of my favorite things, never thought about going to Bennigans. They have something like that at Chilies too but I've been wanting to go someplace different, can you remember how much it was?

calico32 Thu, Oct-02-03 13:19

I had this last weekend. SO YUMMY. For a half, it came in at $7. For a whole, it was $9-10.

woolina Thu, Oct-02-03 13:25

They have something at longhorn as well, it is not on the menu, but is called sante fe chicken, it comes with 2 sides and is $7 for lunch. It is chicken breast with cheese melted on it, topped with chives tomatoe and sour cream. It is so good, I always get the broccoli for one side and a small salad for the other....mmmm
I have the grilled chicken salad at benigen's but ask them not to bring the roll with it, that thing looks way to good to have it sit in front of me. will have to try the smothered chicken.

lamom Thu, Oct-02-03 14:37

One of my favorite finds as well. It was so great...not as great as DH's MonteCristo... but still very good.

Jerzgrl Thu, Oct-02-03 15:11

Okay, now you made me hungry!!
You can make that at home too. Its one of my favorite things (for my husband to make! ha ha) Yummy!!

rebe1 Fri, Oct-03-03 07:51

Heh, I was in Orlando for a 10 day trip when I started my induction (yeah, what the heck was I thinking?), and I went to Bennigans to have that dish 3 times :P Going to make that at home now, shouldn't be hard... chicken breast, Sauteed Onions, Sauteed Mushrooms, and Provolone cheese.

woolina Fri, Oct-03-03 08:16

I work in Orlando and go out for lunch everyday, it is getting easier, but was no fun at the begining.