Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Well THAT was a rude awakening!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=139288)

LorynJohn Thu, Sep-25-03 08:19

Well THAT was a rude awakening!!!

I just got back from registering on FitDay and according to their calculations my ONE cup of frozen broccoli with butter is worth TEN carbs!!!!

So, in ONE MEAL Im eating HALF of my acceptable daily carbs!!! THATS not good!

Well, once again, just when I think Im doing the right things I learn THIS!

Uggg-

btw-I just wanted to say this is an awfully nice board! Its only my second day and you all have been very nice and very tolerant of my whining so far!! Thanks for having me! L

Sinbad Thu, Sep-25-03 08:21

Hiya!
Beware fitday ... How much of that 10 carbs was fibre?

Cheers
S

swtdrae Thu, Sep-25-03 08:21

I don't know about anyone else but I go by the back of the package!

katgurl Thu, Sep-25-03 08:23

Subtract The Fiber :-d

saltnpeppa Thu, Sep-25-03 08:24

LOL

prob more than 5 of the 10 is fiber, which you can subtract. on the FOODS page on fitday, where you enter the foods you eat, there's a table near the top that summarizes the fat, carbs, fiber, etc...
:D

skibunnie Thu, Sep-25-03 08:36

I swear fitday comes up with the strangest numbers, i never depend on it. I just checked the atkins site and they that in 1/2 a cup 3.9 grams, and 2.3 of fiber! So in that cup of brocolli you ate only 3.4 grams of carbs. So dont stop eating your greens!

Sela Thu, Sep-25-03 08:41

LorynJohn,
....what katgurlsaid :) subtract the fiber from the total carbs...it probably won't add up to much :D good luck!

ian559 Thu, Sep-25-03 08:42

fitday can be fickle to say the least. Enter everything as uncooked. Then enter each thing you added to the food.

BelmontLil Thu, Sep-25-03 11:25

Fitday can be funny alright, I do exactly as ian says, enter it as raw and then add the ingredients individually.

When search for the veggies, you do "broccoli raw" for instance, adjust the serving, refresh the nutrition info then read to see how much of it is fiber. Every time I eat cauliflower, I panic!

On the positive side of things, I didnt know this for my first two weeks, so I stayed way under on my carbs!

another tip, when I go to work in the morning, I enter my breakfast and the lunch I bring. At that point I know how many carbs I have left for dinner, which makes it easier to prepare!

Birddog Thu, Sep-25-03 11:43

Fitday has a option to enter customized foods. Use the info on the back of the package to enter into fitday. Fitday is a great tools but I can't figure out how they determine this stuff. What is the difference between cooked and uncooked meat? Fitdays calories count for cooked meat is much higher than uncooked.