Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   NO MORE SF turtles for me! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138499)

elletc4 Sun, Sep-21-03 06:37

NO MORE SF turtles for me!

OH MY OH MY OH MY! They were delicious! But the after effect was shocking to say the least! I thought I might go to the bathroom, but no! Instead my stomach was the size of an 8 month pregnant women and HARD (i had an 18 pack going...lol..former preggos can relate). And the worst of it, besides the gurgling that could be heard 50 feet away there was another noise that sounded like machine-gun fire coming from behind me and it continued for several hours :lol: :lol: :lol: I was too embarrassed to leave my house and it was a long PAINFUL night.

No more for me!!!

Elle

NoSunNoFun Sun, Sep-21-03 07:07

I had 3 of those things last night... I love them so.
They are my TOM's best friend!
I know 3 is the limit for me, there so good arnt they?
But the sounds and the feeling are not fun at all...
not to mention the smell... lol omg rotten eggs big time.
( Yuckie but so true )

NoSunNoFun

Sela Sun, Sep-21-03 07:23

elletc4

Oh no :( Im so sorry you had such a rough night. I know what it's like to have major indigestion ...sometimes I get it so bad the pain is unbearable. I wish you didn't have to go though that. :bhug:

smurf Sun, Sep-21-03 09:36

I had the same experience last week, after reading about the whole laxative effect of malitol, I still did not listen and I ate a whole candy bar..........OOOOWWW, so I know your pain! Hope you are feeling much better!

cheers,
judi

hramsey76 Sun, Sep-21-03 09:42

Wow, maybe I'll stear clear of them baby's!

good2beme Sun, Sep-21-03 12:33

LOL, I have a funny story. This summer, a group of us gals went to stay one night at a beach cabin. On the way, we stopped at a grocery store to stock up with goodies, and to my delight, the store had a huge selection of bulk sugar free chocolate. I bought a pound of turtles........never haven eaten the s/f candies before, I had forgotten what I'd read here on the board! Yikes!

I was the only one low carbing it, and only had 3 or 4 of the turtles......oh my gosh! I didn't know what was happening to me.......I was supposed to share a bed with one of the gals.......they thought I was very strange, I'm sure, for deciding, yes indeed, I would be more comfortable on the floor under the stairs!!! LOL!!

It wasn't until the next day when I got home and realized what was causing my extreme discomfort. And then I realized, I had left the chocolates up at the cabin.........and the other girls husbands were coming to visit!

I never did ask if they enjoyed the chocolate...........oops!!

amy576 Sun, Sep-21-03 19:20

Same thing happened to me w/ the SF Hershey's minatures. My tummy was just grumbling!!! & they were so good! I told my hubby that if I ever have a "hard time" going at least I have a tasty alternative.

~Amy

potatofree Sun, Sep-21-03 19:23

Maltitol isn't as bad for me as Lactitol..like in the Hershey's products....

The effects are truly stunning.....