Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New to Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=138301)

kbrn82 Fri, Sep-19-03 19:04

New to Triple Digits Club

Hi, my name is Kathleen (kbrn82) and I have 195 pounds to lose. Whew that's hard to say!! I have been on Atkins for going on 3 1/2 weeks now and have lost all of 5 pounds. The first 2 weeks I didn't lose anything. I found out that my excessive artificial sweetener use was impeding my lost. Several days after cutting all but three of them out I lost 5 pounds. I haven't started exercising regularly yet but will. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you as well as adding support.
Kathleen

Wenzday Fri, Sep-19-03 19:24

WELCOME! I lost pretty slow until I cut everything out except the listed foods... and no sweetners, no Atkins bars etc. Then Once I started excercising I've been losing like crazy. I think we all need to find what works and you will soon!!! You'll love this site its amazing--my saving grace actually!

diemde Fri, Sep-19-03 20:37

Welcome Kathleen! The folks here are great and so supportive, I'm sure you'll love it here. Good luck in your weight loss!

SusieQQ Sat, Sep-20-03 00:15

Keep up the good work

Kathleen:

I want to welcome you, so glad you have joined us. We all just have to
take this WOE one meal at a time.

I have been on this journey for a little over 4 months now and I have to say I have lost 50 pounds with little or no excercise. I have just started back to Curves and Walk away the pounds (VHS tape) and I must say I feel engerized. In the beginning of this WOE I could not do both, but now I am feeling so much better, moving better and feel positive about excercising. Do this at your own pace, we must all do what we can when we are ready.

You are showing great strength in just starting your journey, stay with us, remember this is a lifestyle change, not just a quick fix. Any help we can give you, just ask.

Look forward to seeing your journey unfold. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Susan

tulips Sat, Sep-20-03 07:14

Welcome Kathleen!!! As you can tell...this place will offer tons of support...

CaseyZee Sat, Sep-20-03 07:38

Hi Kathleen - welcome to the forum. Congratulations on digging in for three and a half weeks now - that's a big deal and really shows how motivated you are to stick with it even after not losing for two weeks. You have shown a lot of strength already and I'm sure it will get easier as you see the pounds start to come off.

- Casey

Quest Sat, Sep-20-03 08:00

Kathleen,
I have found great encouragement on this site when my weight loss has slowed down. This WOE is helping lots of people, so welcome!

Diane

mudknife Sat, Sep-20-03 08:31

Hi Kathleen, you have come to the right place! Stay the course and give this WOE a chance for a while. You will see the weight melt off.

kbrn82 Sat, Sep-20-03 09:14

Thank you all for your replies! I know I am in the right place. This is my lifeline (dietwise) and I don't know if I'd still be doing it without the help and support. I am amazed at how much you can learn from those doing it for a while.
Thanks again!

MisterE Sat, Sep-20-03 10:31

Welcome! Glad to see another lovely "loser". (Weight, that is!)

windy Mon, Sep-22-03 05:30

Welcome aboard. This is a awesome trip and a fun one as well.

Windy

tulips Mon, Sep-22-03 06:31

Howdy!!!!!!! Glad you found us!!! Looking fwd to getting to know ya!

AZDean Mon, Sep-22-03 07:44

Hi Kathleen! And welcome aboard!

Mossling Mon, Sep-22-03 19:51

Welcome to the boards--and to this WOE. We'll lose lots of weight together here!

Jude

becky160 Thu, Sep-25-03 00:10

Welcome to your second home!