Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Chip Butty (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137987)

debsue Thu, Sep-18-03 12:56

Chip Butty

almost gave in today, busy day at work and had to drive past the best chippy in the south west. Could almost taste the chips and bread. But managed to drive past (only just) and nibbled on my cheese all the way home.

Debs the saint :angel:

pepsi max Thu, Sep-18-03 13:00

Debs,you deserve a halo.i can taste them now by reading this post.OMG, gotta get out of here!!!

Carbcutter Thu, Sep-18-03 16:34

Well done Debs i had a similar run in with a pizza hut but came away fairly unscathed (this time) :lol: :lol: :lol:

LittleAnne Fri, Sep-19-03 01:18

Coming from London I had never come across chip butties until I was 10 and my cousin from near Newcastle introduced me to them. However, can't say I've ever had one since. Funnily enough I seem to have either eaten bread or potatoes in my life plan, never both. So I gave up bread around a year before I'd ever heard of low carbing.

Glad you avoided the carbs crisis though Debs, well done.

Paulie-M Fri, Sep-19-03 09:53

Chip Butties, yes I think I can just remember what they are:lol:. I was on holiday in Cuba a few years ago, and we actually showed the chef that did the bar meals how do do great chip butties. If he learned no other English words that fortnight, chip butties will be firmly imprinted on his brain :lol:

Vanilla Fri, Sep-19-03 11:17

A couple of times I've had to pass or visit a chip shop, and I've ended up getting a deep-fried chicken portion!

Adrix Fri, Sep-19-03 11:20

Mmmmmm, chip butties.....warburtons/mothers pride sliced white with LOADS of butter so that when the hot chips make contact with it it melts dreamily onto your hands, down your sleeves etc etc - i REALLY miss chips! (and butties for that matter!) - oh how we suffer to be beautiful!

pepsi max Fri, Sep-19-03 11:31

you can,t have a chip butty without tomato sauce.MAGIC.

Adrix Fri, Sep-19-03 12:09

yes peps! - tommy ketch OR a dab of chippy gravy OR EVEN a spoon or two of chippy curry sauce!!!!!
"you can take the girl out of lancashire but you can't take lancashire out of the girl!!" - these delicacies don't exist here in london...JUST AS WELL!!!!!

pepsi max Fri, Sep-19-03 12:21

God,you,ve just took me back.chips and gravy on the way home from the pub.it was "heaven in a plastic tray"

Adrix Fri, Sep-19-03 12:28

Blimey yes! - and eaten with a plastic fork!

muddy Fri, Sep-19-03 12:56

What is this thread - torture!!!

debsue Sat, Sep-20-03 00:37

Sorry

I'm a lancashire girl too. Live in gloucester now. Couldnt believe it when I found they dont do gravy in the chippys here. And what would I do for a Hollands meat and potato pie??? Dream on, back to the eggs cheese and salad. Anyone else feel like they couldnt face another egg?

Adrix Sat, Sep-20-03 04:06

Hello Debsue!
whereabouts in lovely lancs are you from? - i'm actually from Accrington WHERE HOLLANDS PIES ARE MADE!!! - blimey that was a flash from the past, i havent had one of their meat and potato pies for YEARS - i think i liked them best, with gravy....! here in london the only pies you can buy from the chippy are pukka and peter's - in my opinion POOR POOR imitations! My husband loves hollands so when we go back ooop north we'll go to asda and stock up on their frozen ones!...of course i don't touch them!!!!
isnt it strange that this is the second time that holland's pies have been mentioned on this forum....i asked SteveH57 (also an accrington boy) about them! - he has to jog past the blummin' factory twice a day!!!

HumminBird Sat, Sep-20-03 05:41

I am utterly tortured now! First I go to the link about dessert and suffer through the talk of creme brullee etc...now it's chip butties with hot butter...Oh Help Me! LOL