Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I am so proud of me!!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=137773)

nursetubby Wed, Sep-17-03 17:22

I am so proud of me!!!!!!

:wiggle: :agree: :yay: :wiggle: :agree: :yay: :wiggle: :agree: :yay: :wiggle: :agree: :yay:

Ok maybe in the grand scheme of things what happened today is no big deal, but for me it was. I am a home health nurse who drives anywhere from 75 to 200 miles daily in some rather rural areas at times. Lunch for me is usually a salad from a fast food place or restaurant. Sometimes when I stay in town I splurge on a really nice salad. Today I had to be in town for a meeting and was rushing and in a bad mood, so I decided to have a burger. I reasoned that if I got a double meat double cheese on a wheat bun with bacon the carbs wouldn't be so bad. So I ordered and even asked for extra pickles, again reasoning the veggies would cancel the bun carbs. Got my burger and headed for the office to eat there. The smell was intoxicating. If you guys are familiar with WHATABURGER you will understand. But I was feeling guilty. By the time I got to the office I had decided to only eat one bun, the bottom its smaller. But by the time I got upstairs I was miserable at the thought of cheating. The reason I'm proud, tossed both buns and only ate the rest!!!!! I have never had the guilt so bad about a potential cheat, I could always reason my way out of it. I am taking this as a sign that signals long term changes in my way of looking at food and myself!!!!!!!!!

Annie-Pie Wed, Sep-17-03 17:29

You are now officially a member of the No Buns Club!

Congratulations, I am very proud of you! I order my double cheeseburgers without buns and ketchup every time. You're doing great! You go! Toot your own horn and we'll toot for you!

Woo-hoo!
Annie-Pie

MissMissy Wed, Sep-17-03 17:30

Woo Hoo! congrats - that's great!!! You should definitely feel proud of yourself!

fishburg Wed, Sep-17-03 17:33

Great Job!!! We all understand how hard that was!!

Dstar96920 Wed, Sep-17-03 18:05

Yay!!!!!!!! Wasn't it nice being able to still eat the burger? Who needs that bun anyway? It's just useless filler! Congrats again to you! You seem to be doing wonderful on this woe!!!!!!! You should be congratulated on that too!!!!!!!!

Kathy54 Wed, Sep-17-03 18:11

Hey good for you, you should be proud of yourself,you talked yourself right out of a cheat that could of done you harm!!

They way I look at it, I can always find a dog to give the bun to, LOL.
But really, I just tell them, I don't want it on a bun, just put everything on a plate and give me a knife and fork. Sure you get a few funny looks, but after a while, you don't even notice them, LOL

You'll do fine, Kathy

Archie Wed, Sep-17-03 20:46

Carefull! That could lead to succesful weight loss! Thanks for being an inspiration and an example to us all! :yay:

Lori H Wed, Sep-17-03 20:52

Way to go! I find that most places have no problem with leaving the bun off. There are so many low carb dieters now that McDonalds even has a "no bun" button on the registers. I know how hard it is to talk yourself out of a cheat so you should be proud of yourself. We are!

elmo Wed, Sep-17-03 20:58

Good Job and congrats on your woe!!!

Janet

nursetubby Thu, Sep-18-03 08:29

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Wow you guys are the best!!!!!!! This site and the support we all give each other is so wonderful. Thanks!!!!

kontryhome Sun, Sep-21-03 00:01

you go..No buns!

How super to talk yourself out of buns...they are good though. I know because I work at the local A&W and we toast our buns with butter before the sandwich is made(As do a lot of other places), and boy does that ever smell good !!!!!... I would like it sometimes also but for lunch i just do the buger in a dish with knife and fork in hand. I do still get looks from other workers(even after 3 months of this)and they always say"what are you eating anyway?" I say "my lunch"...that just kinda shuts them up :lol:

serrelind Sun, Sep-21-03 04:51

that's great! better to throw those buns than to suffer the guilt afterwards. doesn't matter how good they are, if i'm gonna be wallowing in self-hatred afterwards, then those things are bad bad! :lol:

smurf Sun, Sep-21-03 09:41

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Awesome! that was great!

lots of luck,
Judi