Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   10 days shy of a year! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136279)

lkonzelman Wed, Sep-10-03 09:17

10 days shy of a year!

It has been almost a year and I have finally found my way of life. My comfortable way of eating and the piece of the puzzle that was always lost to me…. to FINALLY have a healthy and fit body!

I have only officially lost 20lbs to low carbing but those 20 were the difference between a VERY tight size 16 (really a size 18) and a very comfortable size 10.

I hadn’t taken the right measurements at the beginning but from what I have documented .. I have lost 3.5 inches in my bust area, 3 inches in my waist, 2 inches on my hips, and about 1.25 inches off each thigh.

I eat whenever hungry and I love the foods I can eat!

I have learned much in this time with the forum. I have learned that consistant exercise (IN ALL FORMS) has been the biggest influence on my body changing. I have re-read some of my journal to try to understand my progress. I found that although I have weighed practically the same since December 11th, my body has continued to change and I keep getting firmer.

This is slower then a lot of people have the patience for it seems and rereading my journal has reminded me of friends that have left the forum and/or this WOE to prove that.

I seemed to lose my initiative during the holidays, I tried CAD but did it improperly, I made many high carb choices way too often that really stalled my losses. But, overall I think my year of low carbing has been a resounding success. I am no longer “fat” by any standards and I am healthier then I have ever been (and i'm 38 so that is saying something)!

I am not completely satisified with my body yet though (maybe I never will be), I plan to continue to modify my body through exercise and of course I will continue to low carb… this is my way of life remember. Also, I plan to keep working on my emotional weight issues. These past few days have proved to me that I still have a lot of open emotional wounds pertaining to my body image that I need to address.

Thank you all for your support and friendship.

potatofree Wed, Sep-10-03 18:30

<standing ovation>

Kristine Wed, Sep-10-03 18:37

:Party: :cheer: :Party:

You rock, Lisa!

>>"This is slower then a lot of people have the patience for it seems and rereading my journal has reminded me of friends that have left the forum and/or this WOE to prove that."

Amen to that: I frown whenever I see new people here who are desperate to lose the weight without the lifestyle change, and you and I know it just doesn't work that way. The change in food choices actually ends up being the most *minor* change. The major ones are attitude, acceptance, discipline, self-assertiveness...

doreen T Wed, Sep-10-03 18:54

Thank YOU Lisa, for sharing your journey with us, and for your consistent support and helpfulness to others :rose:

May you have continued success in the coming 355 days ;)

Doreen

latingirl Wed, Sep-10-03 19:12

Lisa,
Congratulations on your success. I enjoy reading your posts and learn a lot from you. I guess I will start reading your journal to find out what you've been eating!!!!
A toast (with water) to a long, long life filled with LC yummy foods.

60sChild Wed, Sep-10-03 19:59

Congrats, Lisa!

It amazes me that, with this WOE, we can lose so much in inches while the lbs loss may be what most people consider unacceptable!

As you well know, my buddy, my pal :bhug:, I was one of those people...at first. Then the inches started falling off even though I've only lost 23 lbs so far (started at a 24 jean, now in 18's).

You're a warm, caring person and are an inspiration to everyone!

Love 'ya!

Sherry

p/s...will post pic this weekend :blush:

Kathy54 Wed, Sep-10-03 20:17

First off I Ditto, what Doreen said !!

You have done so well, your stats below your name, I mean how many people can say they are lighter/smaller now than 20 years ago??? Most here are trying to get back to what they were 20 years ago, LOL :thup:

This plan has been very successful for me, but never ever would of it had been, if not for this place, and you are one of my favorite posters, I'm very thankful for being able to take advantage of your knowledge and advice,specially when I was starting out.

Cheers to you,
Kathy

Paleoanth Thu, Sep-11-03 05:15

Lisa!

I had no idea that we started just about the same time. I started lcing Sept 16 of last year-and joined this forum then as well.

I also agree with Doreen-you have been such a wonderful source of support and help to everyone here. I really like reading what you have to say. Your contributions are always to the point and contain very practical advise based upon your own experience.

Smooches to you!

lkonzelman Thu, Sep-11-03 05:58

I'm truly touched by these posts..... Thank you all for being here for me.

Tiggerdy Thu, Sep-11-03 08:42

Lisa,

Thank YOU for being such a valuable source of support and knowledge. Seeing your successes keeps us in line and helps us strive to reach our goals.

Here's to living life to its fullest and enjoying the LC WOL!

Nikki

PS- Like Paleoanth, I also started on 9/16 last year. ;)

hysteria Thu, Sep-11-03 10:33

Lisa - 1st off, CONGRATS! :Party:

Also, thank you for being so supportive to everyone on the boards. When I first started out, you offered great advice and words of encouragement - that means so much to me! Thank you, thank you, thank you! And here is to the LC WOL! :yay: :dazzle: :clap:

lkonzelman Thu, Sep-11-03 15:27

You are all making me feel so wonderful... I'm so glad you feel that I have put good stuff out there for you too.

This has always been a goal of mine. Pay it forward...

RoseTattoo Thu, Sep-11-03 16:23

You have done just so well. Congrats! :Party:

SarahO Thu, Sep-11-03 16:30

Lisa, I'm surprised that you're just coming up on your 1 year anniversary of LC -- considering the amount of mentorin, support and encouragement you provide to everyone, I thought you had been here a lot longer! I started LC on Sept. 23, only a few days after you did, but I feel like I've been learning from you since the day I joined this board,

Congrats to you for achieving so much!