Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kitchen Talk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Pizza Quiche.......How'd I do? lol! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=135962)

toeie Mon, Sep-08-03 21:35

Pizza Quiche.......How'd I do? lol!

4 Attachment(s)
yo! So I made the pizza quiche! I am sure you all have too at one point....However......Did it come out like mine? I think im dislexic and used the wrong pan, its 9x13.....so its thin...

It tastes good, but does yours usually come out different? Do ya put it in a smaller pan so its thick huge pieces? For the Size slices I cut, how many carbs per ya think?

Also, should i cut into sqares and freeze all of em? Or keep some in the fridge and freeze the rest and try not to eat too much ;X

Well, enjoy whatever it is I made! I am working on a visual LC cook book hahah! :yay:

hidees13 Mon, Sep-08-03 21:41

Ooh looks good!!

jmarionw Mon, Sep-08-03 21:49

Just made this for the first time this weekend. It was yummy. No need to look further for a pizza recipe. I made mine in a 9 x 13 pan. My carb count came out roughly 24 for the whole thing (but I made my own pizza sauce with canned tomatoes that were 4 carbs per half cup). I divided it into 8, so 4 carbs/serving. Should freeze well, but I'd advise reheating in the oven, as I think the crust would get soggy nuking it. BTW, it's excellent when cold. The "crust" sets up and is almost like regular pizza crust.

Marlaine Mon, Sep-08-03 21:50

Looks tastey though I've never made it so can't offer you any info to answer your question.

Marlaine

Angel66668 Mon, Sep-08-03 22:15

Looks yum- i have mdae that dish so much I am sick of it now.- I put the toppings under the cheese.

Skamito Tue, Sep-09-03 01:15

Mmm... I haven't made Pizza Quiche in a while. Yours looks great. Looks about the same thickness as I'm used to.

I have the base saved as a custom food in Fitday (with a pretty low carb pizza sauce) and when you cut a whole pan into six pieces they're about 6g carbs a piece with a gram of fiber. I never had to freeze any of them. I usually eat all six pieces in a week, easy. :)

senimoni Tue, Sep-09-03 03:04

The base is egg right?, is it pretty firm/crunchy like crust or is more soft and gooey like pan pizza.

Cappy Tue, Sep-09-03 04:45

Wow that does look good! What kind of sauce did you use? Hmmm, I'm gonna have to try making that.

diemde Tue, Sep-09-03 05:33

I use less eggs in mine since my daughter is allergic to them. It comes out like a thin pizza crust, but still has great flavor. Yours looks wonderful!

NoSunNoFun Tue, Sep-09-03 06:15

Wow, that looks great!!

I could eat some of that right now.

NoSunNoFun

ovingtonl Tue, Sep-09-03 06:21

I made this for the first time this weekend also - I used a 9x13 pan but mine was 'fluffier' looking. It was totally delicious! I found a pizza sauce the local grocery that was only 4 carbs per 1/2 cup; of course, it was over $5 bucks! I also put nuked pepperoni on the bottom of the dish - wouldn't do that again as it didn't really make a big difference, I don't think.

Hilary M Tue, Sep-09-03 06:43

How funny...I just made this last night for the first time and am eating the leftover for breakfast as I type this! Mine looked just like yours, only with mushrooms. With 13 or 14 ounces of cheese (I went a little heavy on the mozzarella topping!), 1/3 cup heavy cream, 4 eggs and 1/2 cup of Hunt's pizza sauce, the whole pan figures up to be around 30 grams of carbs. I cut mine into 6 pieces, for 5 carbs apiece. Whoever said it above is right...it is great cold!

Karen Lynn Tue, Sep-09-03 06:44

It looks good, but does it taste eggy? That's the only thing that's holding me back. wouldn't like it too much if it tastes eggy...

Hilary M Tue, Sep-09-03 06:51

Karen, it doesn't taste at all eggy. It tastes very cheesy, and it's good. Especially once the crust has set, it's like regular pizza.

Karen Lynn Tue, Sep-09-03 06:57

ok, ya'll have convinced me to try it! (giggle) but I think i'll cut the recipe in half and try a smaller version to begin with just to be on the safe side. Thanks for posting the pics, they look great!

have a happy day,
Karen