Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Weight Loss Stopped (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=135741)

USELESS Mon, Sep-08-03 02:17

Weight Loss Stopped

Hi

I have read on other pages that weight loss can stop, but I haven't lost any for a number of weeks now in fact the time before last i had put 2lbs on, weighed myself again on sat weight stay the same no loss. I don't seem to be doing anything any different. Yes i have noticed that some of "OLD" clothes now fit and my newish ones are too big. But can anyone help me i also need to loose more pounds.

P.S yes i am drinking the water hot and cold, hotwater with a slice of lemon don't suppose this could be doing it??

usless

jerri99 Mon, Sep-08-03 02:40

I don't have any advice for you as I am going through the same thing right now. Although it seems you are handling it a lot better than I am at the momemt. I just thought I would let you know that you are not alone and I understand how frustrated you must be feeling right now. I know I am. Jerri 99

LittleAnne Mon, Sep-08-03 03:23

Hi Useless

You have done well losing 29 pounds so far. Those last 10 pounds or so until you reach your goal are pretty hard to shift and need time as well as keeping focussed.

I do not know how many carbs you are having each day, but by now you should be having around 30. I began to lose weight after increasing my carbs.

The second thing to watch is the number of calories you are eating. Now you should be eating around 1600 a day. Too many calories, like too few are no good. If I have to many for a few days I put on weight, water weight. So check out your daily menus. You many need to tweek them.

Don't know how much exercise you are getting. This can really help and know a good session at the gym does wonders for me.

I'm going to move this thread to the general low carb support thread as it is more relevant there and you will get more input.

USELESS Mon, Sep-08-03 04:00

Thanks anne
I'm new to this forum game and don't know where or how to put things......... but as the days go on i am sure i'll get there

Paleoanth Mon, Sep-08-03 05:26

Useless-

You mentioned that even with no weight loss, you are noticing your clothes fit differently. I find that I lose weight OR inches, but not both at the same time. I am a big believer in using a measuring tape as well as scales. Actually, I prefer the tape. At my current weight, I am smaller size wise than I was the last time I weighed this.

What happens is you lose size and then the scale catches up. I would just be patient and the scale will move. In the meantime-get a measuring tape and start taking measurements at various places. I do my waist at the smallest point and across my navel, my hips at the widest point, my thigh and sometimes my wrist and forearm. Record them along with the weight.

Here is a chart of my waist versus my weight. You can see what I am talking about.

Paulie-M Mon, Sep-08-03 08:03

Hi Useless:wave:

It is very frustrating when you are doing everything right and don't see a loss at the scales. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, so I went back on induction for a couple of weeks - it really helped to boost my system.

Don't give up though, you say that your clothes feel more roomy, so you are obviously losing inches:thup:, even if it isn't showing on the scales yet. Sometimes clothes are a better indication of how we're doing than the scales.

Keep the faith.

Loser1 Mon, Sep-08-03 15:09

Useless,
I'm experiencing the same thing you're describing. Let me know if you find the secret. I will do likewise. I'm just trying to be patient. I've been on Atkins for 6 weeks, lost 10 lbs the first 3 weeks and now have stalled for over 2 weeks. I'm still doing induction pretty much. Maybe I need to increase my carbs a little. I've been feeling pretty rough lately. Stay in touch.

Margme Mon, Sep-08-03 23:59

I feel more encouraged after reading Pal's post. But, I too was s h o c k e d and discouraged today when I finally, after 6 weeks of daily heavy cardio, weight training, and strick Low Carb eating, I went to the gym to weigh myself for the first time in 6 weeks to discover I gained 8 lbs.!!! I was shocked because I went down an entire size and everyone has been telling me I've lost weight!

I've also read enough to not feel completely saddened :nono: . Muscle, as everyone knows by now, is much denser than fat and can be replacing the fat and adding lbs to the scale. A good diet high in protein can be building muscle even without exercise. The positive here is that muscle uses fat even while resting. Hopefully as I keep adding more muscle to my body I will start to be a fat burning machine and the scale will eventually catch up. Until then I'm not going near a #~$^% scale!

Wenzday Tue, Sep-09-03 07:56

Also dont forget that not all scales are accurate... shoot when I was pregnant last time I went to a different office every other visit and their scales were SO off! I'd be up 10 pounds then down 10 pounds..in a cirlce..lol

USELESS Thu, Sep-11-03 07:46

Thank You All For Your Support I Have Gone Back On To Induction. I Took Some Old Photos Into Work Yesterday That Were Only A Year Old And The People I Showed Them To Couldn't Beleive That It Was Me!! Just Goes To Show That It Is Working And I Am Still Loosing Maybe Not In Pounds But Deffo In Inches. Thanks Once Again