Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How much time do you spend on this site? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=135629)

SunCountry Sun, Sep-07-03 15:59

How much time do you spend on this site?

I must confess I am addicted! I started (again) with Atkins in June and found this site around the same time. I would rather surf here than do most anything else. Too many things around the house need to get done, but here I am again.. The good side is it helps motivate me and keep me going. When I have a bad day it inspires me to do better.

I must spend at least 1-2 hours a day here. ACCCK! How much do you spend.

S.

lilred57 Sun, Sep-07-03 16:06

I think I spend about an hour to 2 hours here. Once you start feeling comfortable about this woe, i'm sure the time will be a little shorter. Its just nice to have people that understand & care about our weight loss experiences. I truely believe that in about another year or so, there will be more people low carbing than low fatting!! Word is spreading that this is not a fad, this is a woe & a good one too! I'm not new to this woe, but new to expressing my views on what a wonderful way of eating we all have. So what if we have to give up a few "junk" foods. Look at everything else we have to eat. This website, along with low carb friends have been my saviour. Everyone has been so inspirational & helpful.

Paleoanth Sun, Sep-07-03 16:08

Way too much.

angieK Sun, Sep-07-03 16:46

Also way too much time but---I have learnt so much. Everytime I think I know this site I find another header I have never explored.
angie

jers52 Sun, Sep-07-03 16:48

I check in every day for probably about 40 minutes.
Likewise, I could be cleaning...

vblack Sun, Sep-07-03 16:49

support

This forum is invaluable to me. I struggled with eating disorders in my early 20's and any sort of dieting is a struggle not to be thrown into my "distructive diet mode" It is so theraputic to read what others are going through. I am learning to be patient with the slow weight loss and listening to others stories is essential to me sticking to the plan.

kc766 Sun, Sep-07-03 17:18

As much as I can! I check in and out all day, every day...

Wenzday Sun, Sep-07-03 17:22

too much time...lol and yet it never seems like enough honestly! I want to keep tabs on everyone, read and respond to journals etc.... I am probably here for 3-4 half hour sessions at a time daily... or not at all if I am out...but a LOT! :) I definately need the support and constant butt kicking!

potatofree Sun, Sep-07-03 17:24

Now that I'm home all day... more than I'd like to admit!!! I don't have a real support network in "real" life, so giving and getting advice here is about the only reinforcement I GET for low-carbing! Most of my friends aren't lc'ers so I get a lot of eyerolling when I bring it up around them!

It really IS kind of an addiction, but to me, it's a healthier one then my old "pizza and beer with friends" habit!...oh, yeah, and MUCH better then my "go outside for a cigarette" habit!

manucpa Sun, Sep-07-03 17:35

Fuuny you should ask. Just recently I decided I really should spend more time on exercise and less on this board !! :)

Kathy54 Sun, Sep-07-03 17:48

I'm here useally 1/2 in the morning, than anywhere from 15 mins to an hour in the evening................. geez we really need another computer in this house!!!
Cheers Kathy

94513 Sun, Sep-07-03 21:43

I spend about 30-40 mins 4-5 days per week.

Isiar Sun, Sep-07-03 21:48

All I can! At least 1 hour before going to bed. Itīs like charging batteries...Real support for wonderful people.
Isiar

hramsey76 Sun, Sep-07-03 22:51

Oh my gosh, manucpa is right. I could be exercising, lol! I've probably spent most of my weekend off sitting right here getting motivated for the coming week.

fishburg Mon, Sep-08-03 06:02

I am here at least twice a day for at least a half hour at a time!! I love it here!!!