Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Beverages (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=135510)

DesertDogs Sat, Sep-06-03 18:34

Beverages

I enjoy diet soft drinks (but never drank them everyday), but have given them up since starting the Atkins diet - however, another Atkins dieter at work told me about diet RC Cola sweetened with Splenda. It is hard to find since not every store in our town carries RC, but we manage to find some once in awhile. Are there any other diet drinks with Splenda?
Thanks!

hidees13 Sat, Sep-06-03 19:14

I believe Diet Rite is... winco sells it for a good price, and there raspberry soda one, its great..

I havent picked any up yet, but me and my roomie used to buy it all the time in college when it was on sale...

Haha, sometimes we'd use it for mixers too.. Rasberry Diet Rite and Sour Apple Vodka...

Oh the good ole days!

potatofree Sat, Sep-06-03 20:56

I was told the sour apple vodka was full of sweeteners... what kind do you use???

Anyhoo.. Fruit2O is Splenda sweetened, and isn't bad. It's not carbonated, and has a light fruit flavor. Crystal Light (the pre-made, not the powder) also has it.

I get good ol' unsweetened kool-aid and use Splenda to sweeten it.

...or I live "dangerously" and drink whatever strikes my fancy, Aspartame be damned!!! <evillaugh>

CMCCAB1 Sat, Sep-06-03 21:09

I really enjoy the Hansen's Diet sodas. You can find them in the health food section of most major grocery stores and at Trader Joes.

I think there is a full list of foods with Splenda on the net. Someone posted a link to it once....maybe splenda.com It was amazing to see how many foods were sweetened with it.
Catherine

hidees13 Sun, Sep-07-03 00:02

Hey potatofree...

Sour apple vodka was back in those good ole days of the college weight gain... Im sure the flavored vodkas do have sugars...and probably a lot more calories.. I havent had them since LCing. I know vodka and hard A doesnt have any carbs, but can stall ya,... but sometimes it seems worth it to be able to let loose with my friends when they are drinking too.. usually about once a month....

One thing i do miss is my special beer...Not that i drank beer regulary, but this one place McMinnamins, (an oregon/WA restaraunt chain, i think, anyone know it?) has a great home brewed beer called "The Ruby" its made with some rasberries, so its kind a pinkish color and its superb, the only beer i really actually LIKE. But i miss that, it was kinda a tradition when you go there to get "the ruby". IM sure its LOADED with carbs and SUGAR (the two evils)

Anyone drink Michelob Ultra? I have yet to try it, but maybe sometime soon.

LadyBelle Sun, Sep-07-03 08:20

Actually the flavored vodkas use essance like mineral water and have no sugars. I don't know about the sour apple, but this holds for the vanilla, lemon and such. Spiced rum however can have up to 7g carb an oz. Stay away from that :)

Diet Rite is Diet RC cola. They name thier diet differently for some reason.

Pre made crystal lite has splenda. Read lable carefully though as some have splenda and some have asperteme still.

Best idea and easiest is to get cola or root beer flavored DiVincci online. Then you can mix it with seltzer water and mkae your own sodas. With the root beer throw in some cream and have a root beer float :) I've found DiVinnci's are cheapest ordering online, plus you get the nice huge size bottles.

hramsey76 Sun, Sep-07-03 11:19

My husband tried the Michelob Ultra, he said he might as well go without and he's not even doing Atkins! lol.

DesertDogs Sun, Sep-07-03 14:53

Thanks to all of you for the input! I especially liked that "good ole kool-aid" and splenda. Years since we had kool aid in the house - our kids are out on their own now (evil laugh too). Guess that's why my honey and I are enjoying the LCing. No whining except from the dog who no longer gets tidbits!