Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Returning to induction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134394)

emeline Mon, Sep-01-03 16:21

Returning to induction

From Jan 1 to June 1 of this year I lost 40 lbs.(YEA ME!!).
I have not been following Atkins for the past few months, but have firmed up and lost inches without adding pounds.
I want to remove 15-20 more pounds which will put me at 145-150. I hope to end up to be a size 8-10, now a 12, 5'5".
I am ready to start induction again.
How successful is a repeat of induction?

beachmum Mon, Sep-01-03 17:15

I have no idea but want to wish you well on getting to your next goal. What you've accomplished so far is very inspirational!!!

tekunoroji Mon, Sep-01-03 17:21

Thanks for asking this question... I'm curious since I've just restarted induction (after a 2 month Atkins "break").

Good luck to us! :yay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeline
From Jan 1 to June 1 of this year I lost 40 lbs.(YEA ME!!).
I have not been following Atkins for the past few months, but have firmed up and lost inches without adding pounds.
I want to remove 15-20 more pounds which will put me at 145-150. I hope to end up to be a size 8-10, now a 12, 5'5".
I am ready to start induction again.
How successful is a repeat of induction?

hey_Neener Mon, Sep-01-03 17:48

I would guess it depends on if you have been keeping up with your water. Water weight is the major portion of induction loss. You will still loose some weight going thru induction again-but I wouldn't count on the same dramatic results.

emeline Wed, Sep-03-03 20:39

Anyone else?

Burr Thu, Sep-04-03 07:10

I've repeated Induction 3 or 4 times and every time it has been effective/successful. IMHO, you do not lose as much weight as you do the first induction but do kill the carb cravings and your appetite drops off.

I keep falling off the wagon because I get bored of the food choices I provide myself. I am the only one in my family doing LC so I have to be diligent in making sure better food choices are always available to me, like when the kids want to order pizza or my wife makes a huge pot of spaghetti.

fra Sat, Sep-06-03 12:33

I am in the same place. I ate low carb, good carb for a while and now I want to do induction again. I hope I will be successful!

alwazbuzy Sat, Sep-06-03 12:38

I just started induction again 7 days ago after a few months off Atkins. I feel better already. I never regained any weight while I was off the wagon, but my clothes were tighter and I was bloated all the time. I haven't noticed any change in the scale yet, but my tummy isn't bloated any more. I too want to lose about 20 lbs which will put me around 140. Sounds like we have something in common emeline!

Jerzgrl Sat, Sep-06-03 13:07

me too!

My husband and I just returned to induction after an August full of cheating! I lost 10 lbs during induction the 1st time in June. We started back on last Tuesday and I am already down 6 lbs! (its Sat.) Hoping to reach my goal this time!

surrender Sat, Sep-06-03 15:45

:yay: Me too.... I fell off in August and today I started induction again.

I also quit smoking in August and I gave myself permission to eat more than normal to pamper myself (Like always food my drug of choice) :nono: . I have gained 4 pounds, but it feels more like 15lbs.
So back on induction.

Thanks for the questions since now I will not be waiting with baited breath for the hugh weight loss in the morning.

Can not wait for the cravings and appetite to mellow out.

Good Luck to all of us in this thread who are starting over. :thup:

P.S. I noticed that we all seem to have started at the same time and we all fell off about the same time. Interesting.

Sbear Sat, Sep-06-03 17:05

Yep same here. Was off Atkins for a year and back on track. Day 4 of induction today, lost 3 pounds, feel wonderful, cravings gone.

Whew!

Shirley

lucky1 Sat, Sep-06-03 21:19

I haven't actually gone back on induction, largely because Atkins suggests that doing so too often can mess up metabolism in much the same way as all my previous diets have done. Therefore, I've been a little skittish about going back on induction, although I'm definitely watching my carbs more closely of late because I've been stalled. I kind of want to save induction for when I'm really WAY off.

strohrl Sun, Sep-07-03 18:26

All of this sounds familiar. I started atkins back in april but, fell off in June. I lost 12 and gained back 6 and it feels like 20. Any way I started back on induction last friday, Im sure that I will feel better soon.