Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   ahhhh..jumping on the exercise train.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=133093)

Wenzday Mon, Aug-25-03 20:38

ahhhh..jumping on the exercise train....

OK....Time to get moving! I have been feeling like a bump on a log lately...cant get up the energy for ANYTHING. My husband got a movie tonight though and my muscles did NOT want to sit. SO, I pulled out my little stepper thing and did it as long as I could! I am so proud of myslef even though it was only about 12-13 minutes and 500 steps. lol whew--tons of work!

My PLAN.... Do stepper at LEAST once a day for 1 week. Get to 20 minutes a time if possible. Once I get through a week I plan on adding crunches with the sit-up bar... I WILL shrink and be healthy.

suzieq Tue, Aug-26-03 06:48

Congrats, the hardest part is getting up off the sofa!! and you were successful! Enjoy shrinking,

Susan

Wenzday Tue, Aug-26-03 19:28

went swimming today with the kids... did lots of treading water and kicking at the wall... it felt good.

AzureMoon Tue, Aug-26-03 19:33

Congratulation on finding your motivation and doing it! You sound like you have a wonderful attitude about it, and isn't that one of the keys to success?

Keep up the good work! :yay: :wiggle: :roll:

Wenzday Wed, Aug-27-03 17:21

Did stepper today..only 10 minutes though about 400 steps... it BROKE ON ME! lol UGH oh well at least I didnt get hurt. I think it's fixed now for tomorrow too. I MEANT to go swimming but didnt make it. MUST swim tomorrow. I cleaned a lot and vacuumed instead...I am SURE that counts as exercise too! ;)

Wenzday Thu, Aug-28-03 20:27

last night I did the stepper again! 400 more steps and 100 crunches and floor exercises! will go try to do the same tonight before bed! I slept SO well!

Wenzday Fri, Aug-29-03 06:42

I did it again last night except 500 steps... I can tell my stomach is getting stronger just for these few days! hurrah!

Wenzday Sat, Aug-30-03 17:42

made 800 steps last night! woo hoo!

Wenzday Sat, Aug-30-03 19:15

already got my exercise in tonight 650 steps. I did free weight for my arms 5 lbs each. all floor exercises.

I think my stomach muslces are having a difficult time being tight because of all the fat on my belly . I hope it comes off soon so my tummy can be IN! lol

deze Sun, Aug-31-03 14:40

Hi ya Wen..
you are doing great.. the hardest part is getting it all rolling.. you are through that now.. I think I read somewhere that it takes 3 weeks for something to become a habit...
you keep at it, and you will end up missing it on the days you dont work out.

You will see results in more ways than just inches dropping too.. clarity of mind, improved self-confidence etc.

By keeping a gym log here too, it kinda increases your awareness of when you do and dont work out.!

(although, I havent updated mine lately.. LOL).

good work girlie.. you keep it up!!

Cheers,
Jodi

Wenzday Sun, Aug-31-03 20:59

aww thanks!!!

I tried a new step aerobics video today--HATED IT!!! holy cow! it was like double time! lol oh well! I did cardio for 35 minutes and did some more ab workouts...and boy did it burn!

Wenzday Tue, Sep-02-03 08:29

took a day off yesterday...thought my body was going to fall apart---so apparently I needed a break! lol

feelign better today so far.

ALEKA Sun, Sep-07-03 10:35

Hi Wenzday--thanks for your thoughts and good wishes. It is always so nice to know that prople are thinking of you isn't it??? Back to St. Louis in the am for a repeat test on Bills carotid- hoping for good news there too. Take care dear--Hope you are having a wonderful day- Love --Alice

Wenzday Sun, Sep-07-03 15:46

thanks! lol you posted in my gym log! :)

anyway HI Gym log! I just got back from swimming with the family. I did high impact water arobics....well that is to say that I jumped and such for 45 minutes as hard as I could! Didnt even know it did anything for me until I stepped OUT of the water then I was SORE!!!!!!!!!!! lol

will try to do a bit more exercise tonight with the tummy crunch routine.... back on track!

Wenzday Mon, Sep-08-03 19:12

nada today..feeling glum physically...ok emotionally. I've been run, run, running all day with the kids and havent been sleeping enough so i am just tired and sore..hoping to have cooler weather soon too.