Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   what are you favorite salad dressings? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=132331)

claudianne Fri, Aug-22-03 08:51

what are your favorite salad dressings?

Hi Everyone. I'm just trying to find the best way to make my vegetables palatable, so I was wondering what your favorite dressings are? Is blue cheese allowed on Induction because i LOVE Litehouse Blue Cheese.

Thanks

atiaran Fri, Aug-22-03 08:55

I like Marie's Blue Cheese. Also like to make my own olive oil, lemon juice, and a splash of vinegar and chili powder mixture.

kamikaze Fri, Aug-22-03 09:21

I'm a ranch dressing girl myself. I've experimented a lot, and I've found Kraft to be the tastiest, although it does have 2 carbs per serving. Hidden Valley and Wishbone are not as sweetened and only have 1 carb per serving (2 tablespoons).

HogarthNH Fri, Aug-22-03 09:37

Marie's has a super-premium Bleu Cheese that is just amazing. Label says 0 carbs, but I count it as one. (It is cheese, after all.)

A good caesar without a lot of carbs is nice -- but I think anything made by Kraft or Wishbone is crap.

Ken's makes a lot of good dressings that are very low or no carb too.

Suzanne Fri, Aug-22-03 09:45

Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar. It's wonderful.

2Airedales Fri, Aug-22-03 10:01

Kraft 3 Cheese Ranch Yummy!!!

Sentoria Fri, Aug-22-03 10:04

Classic Ranch in that new squeezeable bottle :thup: I also use lemon & oil instead of dressing.

Shannonp Fri, Aug-22-03 10:09

Im a big Kraft Caesar girl myself. It has the least amt of sugar of the ones I have comared on my own. I have found that I feel more hungry after eating a salad w/ blue cheese - for some reason it affects me weird - although I still eat it occasionally because I LOVE it!

melissasvh Fri, Aug-22-03 10:11

I found a Green Garden Ranch Dressing in the refrigerator section with only 1g per 2 Tbsp that's really tasty.

I also enjoy Newman's Caesar and Creamy Caeser.

Blue cheese is a new favorite - I'd always refused to try it before.

I finally found a raspberry vinagrette that is only 1g carbs!!! That's made me the happiest of all :)

lissame Fri, Aug-22-03 10:31

I'm severly addicted to Hidden Valley Ranch - always have been, so I was thrilled to find I could continue with it! Another wonderful thing about LC that I hated on LF - GOOD DRESSING!

el corazón Fri, Aug-22-03 10:37

Kens Steak House Greek Dressing with a lil bit of feta cheese is sooo good! :)

clary Fri, Aug-22-03 10:50

2 tbsp. Olive oil, 1 teas. Apple cider vinegar (organic), a shake of sea salt, pepper and a few shakes of dill .

Rachelle Fri, Aug-22-03 10:52

I love Kraft Bacon Ranch... Haven't tried the Kraft 3 Cheese Ranch though... almost bought it last time i was at the grocery store...

Also Gerard's Ceasar Tastes like rest. style and not out of a bottle.. totally awesome..

h2dk Fri, Aug-22-03 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze
I'm a ranch dressing girl myself. I've experimented a lot, and I've found Kraft to be the tastiest, although it does have 2 carbs per serving. Hidden Valley and Wishbone are not as sweetened and only have 1 carb per serving (2 tablespoons).

You should give Greg's Ranch a try (sold at Costco)...far and above my favorite ranch dressing

Hilary M Fri, Aug-22-03 11:47

The Hidden Valley Ranch with Bacon is great, and it comes in an upside-down squeezable bottle that's so convenient for lazy mess-makers like myself. Only 1 carb per 2 tablespoons!