Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   got to remember what CAN i eat... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=130856)

Saweetie Fri, Aug-15-03 20:19

got to remember what CAN i eat...

Back on the wagon Day 2.... its been pretty good...just living on Salads all over town... I am going to attempt to head to the grocery store.. but I got to get strict with myself, and brainstorm...what CAN i eat..

Going to get:
eggs
bacon
lettuce
green pepper
cheese strings (for lunch)
Chicken Boobs ops I mean breasts
Ground Beef
Pork Chops

For the life of me besides more veggies (ick) I can't think of anything else I Can buy..... any suggestions??

Hopeing for a couple suggestions... thanks in advance!

Vel Sat, Aug-16-03 04:50

How about:

salmon or tuna, baby spinach leaves (nice change from lettuce and way more nutrition), a pork or beef roast to do in the crockpot if you have one, that can give you your meat for several days, a pre-cooked deli roasted chicken that you can de-bone and use with your salads, ham if you like it (watch labels though,they sneak a lot of sugar in there)

I think that's all I can think of right now. Course, it is 6 oclock in the morning :)

Good luck!
Tracy

Tess M Sat, Aug-16-03 05:11

How about some nice fresh or frozen green beans, cauliflower, broccoli to steam together? Then you can just refrigerate, and take out a nice big scoop to reheat for your cms.. Sometimes I feel like I spend about half my life chewing salad! This makes a nice change of pace for me, and it sure is easier to eat than salad all the time. Or maybe (since you are eating peppers) some mushrooms/green peppers to saute' and have over a grilled burger patty? Another thing--you could print out the cheat sheet and take it to the store with you for ideas.. Or just use it to help you in making your list. Happy shopping! :)

Zuleikaa Sat, Aug-16-03 09:01

Any protein source that isn't imitation or has sugar. I usually precook a selection of things and use that for all cms. Too, I always fix large pots of cabbage, green beans, and sometimes greens to eat off of during the week. Haven't had salad in a long time except out.

Saweetie Sat, Aug-16-03 10:47

I have a BIG ick factor problem with cooked veggies...

Do you think its possible to do CAD on MEAT and SALAD alone??

angel506cl Sat, Aug-16-03 11:21

I am not big on cooked veggies either. . .some other things I like. . ..

sliced cucumbers w/salt or dip

Good dip: mayo, sour cream and seasoned salt

dill pickles or

frosted pickles:

drain Claussen dill pickles (refrigerated section)

"frost" them w/softened creme cheese

roll up in turkey pastrami

slice into circles

Everyone loves these . . .even my 6 yr. old daughter