Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   No more afternoon crashes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=129153)

clary Fri, Aug-08-03 15:10

No more afternoon crashes

Just wanted to let you all know what's going on with me. I'm on day 8 and hanging at 154.5 (gotta count that little extra 1/2 lb.-LOL)

I went to GNC and picked up the stuff that's in the 14 day beginner pack thing. I realized last night that my afternoon crashes (where I feel like I could fall asleep standing up) are gone. I've been sticking to the plan very well and I'm delighted with the results so far.

Even though I haven't lost any more weight I can tell my body is changing and I feel thinner. I really need to take my measurements. Now this sounds really stupid but I don't know if the bust measurement should be taken with or without my bra on ? If I take it without my bra on it will be the waist measurement too...LOL

I'm in the process of re-arranging my living room and moving the stuff that's burying my total gym and trampoline. I have tons of energy and I find I'm doing things I was just to tired to do before.

Thank You all... I read here quite often and get a lot of great info.

deeray7 Fri, Aug-08-03 15:19

Hey Congrats on getting to day 8! And keep goin, Im starting again today!

prmichel Fri, Aug-08-03 15:38

Congrats on the loss! Glad you are feeling great.
I measure with the bra. For the same reason!
Priscilla

pixel Fri, Aug-08-03 15:39

Yup I used to have loads of afternoon kips esp. on the weekend and now I don't need or want too! I'd rather burn off energy at the gym. Don't you love it!

clary Fri, Aug-08-03 15:50

"my goal is to be able to walk around my apartment in my underware (no guests at the time :) ) without being critised by myself!"
LOL...I like that Pixel. I can really relate to that.
What are kips ?

Thanks Priscilla...guess I just ran out of excuses and have to get the tape measure out now.

Good for you Deeray7 !! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

pixel Fri, Aug-08-03 16:01

clary...

Kips are short naps (I think it's a New Zealand word) 15 - 30 min a snooze is 30min - 1hr and a sleep is 1hr + well they're my definitions anyways!

are you sure you are 154.5?? You look 'lighter' than that in your pic!!!!

clary Fri, Aug-08-03 16:07

pixel, that's a picture of me when I weighed about 120 lbs. That's the weight I'm trying to get back to.

And those are some pretty well defined "my eyes are closed I'm....." Sooooo all these "naps" my DH takes on the couch are really "sleep"....yep just like I thought...LOL

RickinTN Fri, Aug-08-03 16:08

It is a great feeling isn't it? Keep up the good work :)

pixel Fri, Aug-08-03 16:19

Right...I get it (a bit slow with the "this is what I'm aiming for...)! In the photo you looked great and I thought you where trying to improve on this!

Well I've grown to LOVE these forums and depend on them for support/advice etc. as I'm the only one in my fam/friends that is doing this WOL! WE WILL ACHIEVE OUR GOALS.

watchit Fri, Aug-08-03 16:33

Although my measurements with my bra on are wonderful, and without, are just like my waist as well, how can you know if you've lost any inches with it on? I suggest measurements on skin only!

Lost 40 lbs. once, gonna lose 16 this time!!!!