Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Newbie from Missouri (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=128850)

Kelrae Thu, Aug-07-03 14:22

Newbie from Missouri

Well, actually I've done both Atkins and CAD before, but am now back at it and SERIOUS this time!!! :agree:

Iowagirl Thu, Aug-07-03 14:29

Welcome fellow Midwesterner!
Lots of good tips and information on this site. Best of luck to you.

kidee Thu, Aug-07-03 15:33

i would like to add my welcome to Iowagirl's. Wonder how many midwesterner's there are? :)
This is the coolest and most helpful site!! :dazzle:

Fat Thu, Aug-07-03 20:26

Hi ya Kelrae, Nice to have a fellow Mo here. I am on my way to 110 too. Can't wait to see that again. Been years and years. I am in Lake of the Ozarks. I Love it here. Moved here from CA 15 yrs ago.
This is a fun place to learn and get lean.

rose7 Thu, Aug-07-03 22:56

Welcome! I'm in IL, right next to Missouri. :)
Visit St.Louis very often!
My goal is 110 also. It is taking me forever to get there!
Best of luck to you,

:dazzle:

Fat Fri, Aug-08-03 16:53

Forever Rose????? How long have you been trying? Welcome to the forum. Are you really 13' 9" I am
5' 1".....Curious person I am..
I was reading your profile and it does say you are 165 inches tall....LOL
Never been to St Louis, but my DD goes once a yr. to watch the baseball games with her school buds. She say's it is better than attending classes.

rose7 Mon, Aug-11-03 08:25

Hi Fat ;)
Oh, and I'm not 13'9" :lol:, that was in cm actually! :rolleyes:. I'm thinking around 5'5" or 5'6".
I've been on and off some kind of diet since high school. In high school, I think I've weighed upto 140 lbs at some point. It is a constant struggle, and I've had some really bad binging problems.
Atkins is really helping me to finally have a sensible relationship with food, and I feel great looking thinner.

I've gotta go to a Cardinal game one of these days too. ;)

:yay: happy low carbing

Iowagirl Mon, Aug-11-03 09:05

Cardinals????
-Cubs fan

Fat Mon, Aug-11-03 12:26

Rose your stats are great, you are doing so well. I wish I was in your shoes right now...LOL.

rose7 Mon, Aug-11-03 18:18

Hi Iowagirl, you're a Cubs fan! Don't get me wrong, I'm in IL only temporarily. I'll root for both Cubs and Cardinal. ;) But then again, there was that Cubs vs. Cardinal game recently.. :lol:

Fat, you've achieved 35-lb weight loss! I'd say that is much more to congratulate than what I've done. Iowagirl, you lost 35 lbs also! That is wonderful. I admire you two for your success.

btw, I love what Fat stands for. Didn't notice that until today ;)

:yay: happy low carbing

Fat Mon, Aug-11-03 19:46

Thanks to MizSteaks, she is so cool. She said her mother told her never to call people names...LOL. She is a very nice person.
You know I lost weight but it does not feel like it. I still feel fat. I can tell the difference when I look at the old me pic, but still I do see myself weighing less. That is so weird.

rose7 Tue, Aug-12-03 09:09

I feel the same way Fat, the more weight I lose, the thinner I want to get! :rolleyes:
I imagine 35 lbs would make a HUGE difference. For me, I see a big difference even with a couple of lbs. Just think about how far you've come, and how close you are to your goal weight. But let me tell you, the last lbs are the hardest to lose. I think when I first started diet & fitness, i was around where you are now, 135 lbs. I got down to around 120 rather quickly, but after that it's been crawling.
You've accomplished a lot and your current weight is healthy weight, so feel good about yourself and keep up the good work with LCing. You're almost there! ;)

:heart: rose

Fat Tue, Aug-12-03 12:22

Thanks Rose, I appreciate that from you. I do need to look at myself better than I do.