Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   i need beer (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=127526)

JOHNSON Sat, Aug-02-03 10:42

i need beer

hey
its the weekend, and my boys and i always go out drinkin.

Point is..... im probably going to end up drinkin beer tonight, and i just wanted to know a few things.

1. where can i find nutritional facts for different beers?? i checked the anheuser busch site with no luck

2. what is the beer with the lowest carbs (im a college kid so im into busch light and crappy brrrs like that)

3. do those carb blocker pills work on beer???? or are the carbs in beer the wrong kind of carbs??????

thanks a lot

Zora Sat, Aug-02-03 10:50

Michelob Ultra Light is a lower carb beer, and not bad tasting either.

stashyc Sat, Aug-02-03 11:17

I'm having a serious problem with beer this summer- I'm lately hooked on Belgian beer, and I must stop! Why does it have to taste so good?? I usually drink a glass of red wine or a cosmo if I'm craving booze- but this beer called Leffe is addictive!! I'm bad... :devil:

hey_Neener Sat, Aug-02-03 12:27

Go for hard liquor-no need to worry about carbs-but it will stall you until the alcohol is burned off. Make sure you drink 1-2 glasses of water with each drink and you may avoid the dehydration hangover.

siara28 Sat, Aug-02-03 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zora
Michelob Ultra Light is a lower carb beer, and not bad tasting either.

I don't care for beer, but I think Mich Ul Light is a nice smooth, NOT STRONG BEER tasting beer. I really like it on a hot day for a break. I think it has around 2-3 carbs per beer. Good luck! and HAVE FUN!!!

Heidi

mrschmelz Sat, Aug-02-03 13:09

Mich Ultra tastes like watered down coors light to me.

Your best overall bet for a decent tasting and affordable light beer is Miller Light. Miller light has only 3.2 carbs per beer (mich ultra has 2.7 I believe) and you can usually get 18 packs of Miller Light for around $10

TrueColors Sat, Aug-02-03 15:41

good call by schmelz

michelob ultra =
2.6 carbs and 95 calories

miller lite =
3.2 carbs and 95 calories

Miller lite is more available, and more tasty as well.

TC

tholian8 Sat, Aug-02-03 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashyc
I'm having a serious problem with beer this summer- I'm lately hooked on Belgian beer, and I must stop! Why does it have to taste so good?? I usually drink a glass of red wine or a cosmo if I'm craving booze- but this beer called Leffe is addictive!!

Ah, Belgian beer. I dread to think of the carb count in Leffe. Are you drinking the Blond or the Brun?

siara28 Sat, Aug-02-03 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschmelz
Mich Ultra tastes like watered down coors light to me.

Thats prob why I like it, since it's not such a STRONG BEER tasting, just watered down tasting, LOL!! :thup:

Heidi

jessig715 Sat, Aug-02-03 18:51

Hi there:-) I'm a college student too, and I totally feel your pain on the whole drinking issue!! I've cut myself off for this first month, but it gets harder and harder! Anyways, good news...this is what I read....in the Atkins book it said that when you drink alcohol(atkins recommends clear liquors like vodka, whiskey, rum, etc., but it would have to be with something crappy like seltzer or diet pop...or just straight shots) But anyways, it says that when you drink, your body burns the alcohol instead of burning fat, like it usually does when you do atkins. However, as soon as the alcohol is all burned up(aka..you're sobered up a little) you go right back into fat-burning mode! I hope that cheers you up! Oh, and they make some beer called michellobe ultra lite, that only has a few carbs, but I've never had it...I'm not a beer girl, myself. Have a great weekend! **Jessica**

stashyc Sat, Aug-02-03 19:05

Tholian-
I'm drinking the Blond, maybe slightly better than the Brun for carbs? I just finished my last bottle, and I am going to try and make August beer-free. Do you think that Strongbow cider has more or less carbs than beer? That is also a summer-fresh drink! It's so hard to drink red wine in summer, and straight booze is hard to take! It's hard to go out with friends and drink water or shots.

trw1966 Sat, Aug-02-03 19:49

I'm not a drinker, but have seen Michelob Ultra in the bottle at 2.6 carbs, I believe, and last night at the bar we had dinner at, they had I.C. Light on draft for 2.something carbs also.

galaga6846 Sat, Aug-02-03 19:53

I wonder how many carbs Guiness has :0)

joshgambit Sat, Aug-02-03 19:56

The worst part about this is I'm a homebrewer. I like my beers malty & hoppy (which Michelob Ultra is neither). So, I'm giving up the hobby for a while, still making the wines as they take months/years...

Beer is proof that God loves us & wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

stashyc Sun, Aug-03-03 13:04

Good beer is it's own food group- mentioned nowhere in Atkins....sigh. :(