Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Iced Mocha Cappucino (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=123946)

SherylH Fri, Jul-18-03 18:41

Iced Mocha Cappucino

I am a coffee addict and I admit it. I haven't quit drinking it since I started Atkins, but I have MISSED Starbucks Iced Mocha Cappucino. The one I used to get was slushy and very good. So, today I made one and it tastes just like Starbucks. Someone may have posted this already, but I couldn't find it. So here's the recipe for all you Summer Chilled Coffee drink fans!!

1 C double-strength coffee (2 Tbls./C for double strength)
3 T. Splenda (or flavor to taste. I used 2)
1-2 T. cocoa
1 C cream (I used 1/2 C Half & Half and 1/2 heavy cream)
2 Cups of ice

Make coffee and chill. (I recommend making it in the morning and allowing it to chill in the refrigerator 'til afternoon).
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until ice is crushed and drink is smooth.(Or as smooth as you like it. I like it slushy)
Pour into glasses and serve with straw.

I had quite a bit left over so I put the remainder in the freezer and hope it will thaw OK and still retain it's texture.
Hope you like it!!
SherylH

SherylH Fri, Jul-18-03 18:43

I meant 2-3 packets of Splenda, not tablespoons. Sorry.
SherylH

jude Sat, Jul-19-03 18:10

That sounds so good, Sheryl! I finally have a reason to buy cocoa (haven't had chocolate since I started this woe a year ago).

judy

SherylH Sat, Jul-19-03 19:09

Iced Mocha Cappucino

If you haven't tried the recipe for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups that
have been posted ... they satisfy your need for chocolate like nothing else. I was eating the Carbolite chocolate bars and they're fine if you're not going anywhere in public. They do present significant G.I. disturbances. GAS!!!
I don't know who posted the recipe but it's the best ever.
I finished off the rest of the slushy today. I froze it which took forever to thaw.
Hope you like it. Remember ... 2-3 packets of Splenda. A little whip cream is always a good thing!
SherylH

jude Sat, Jul-19-03 23:29

Hi Sheryl,

I've stayed away from the peanut butter cups simply because I know I'd never be able to eat just one or two--Reese's used to be my favorite chocolate bar. The really odd thing is, I haven't missed chocolate. I guess being able to have things like whipped cream--without guilt--for the first time in years has made the difference.

Have you tried the "Cheesecake pudding"? Have to be careful not to eat too much, but it's a great topping for strawberries.

judy

SherylH Sun, Jul-20-03 08:26

Chocolate

Jude,
You're so right about the peanut butter cups. My husband and son had one each and I ate the rest. But I was careful to have one in the evening so I wouldn't tempted to have another one. I won't be making anymore for awhile. I haven't had cheesecake pudding but I'm going to check it out.
Thanks!
SherylH