Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I have lost about 10 pounds and no one has noticed! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=123797)

Jennifer7 Fri, Jul-18-03 09:16

I have lost about 10 pounds and no one has noticed!

Grrrrrrrrrrr! I have lost about 10-11 pounds, which is approx 30% of the weight I need to lose and not one person has commented. My clothes don't really feel any different and my measurements haven't changed (as far as I can tell). :cry:

Just pouting....

(I am thrilled that at least my scales are talking to me)

max Fri, Jul-18-03 09:20

10 LBS .. are you kidding me!?! Even if nothing else moves just getting that nasty scale to say something positive is an achievement. Stick with it, it will start showing soon.

BTW : Strength training may help with the inch loss.

..Max..

Jeanne Sch Fri, Jul-18-03 09:25

Hi Jennifer:
I know how you feel! :)

I lost 10 lbs and my measurements didn't change and the only people that commented (maybe to be nice) were family members.

I have finally lost an inch on each measurement and another 3 lbs.
I started doing light weights with my arms and also started wearing leg weights when I walked (that really helped my thighs).

Stick with it and you'll be showing off in no time :)

Jennifer7 Fri, Jul-18-03 09:36

Thanks. I am VERY happy the scales are moving. That almost is enough! I have been working out with weights and on the treadmill but I may try to do a 'power weekend' of working out.

shrtsh1t Fri, Jul-18-03 09:37

I know the feeling. The first 10lbs people tell me ...well your face looks thinner...well okay I wish my butt looked thinner. But I do get more people notice once I have pasted that 15lbs loss.

honeybfly Fri, Jul-18-03 09:50

hey guys im new here....and i know what you guys mean. But my problem is, my face doesn't seem to be thinning at all. I think its the only thing thats not changing thats why people doesnt notice I've lost weight. Do you guys think this is normal? And do you guys think it will eventually fall in proportion?

Jennifer7 Fri, Jul-18-03 09:52

We all have different body shapes so each of us will lose in different areas. I am worried that once things start shrinking, it will start with my boobs...

whyspers Fri, Jul-18-03 11:05

I don't think one person said anything to me until I had lost close to 30 lbs. I've heard others here say they had to lose 25-30 lbs. before anyone noticed they had lost weight as well.

Are you still wearing the same clothes? That may have something to do with it as well. I know for the longest time I could still wear my 18's, but the hips and thighs would just hang. I could pull them out to the side so far I looked like Bozo the Clown...lol. It made my loss much less obvious to everyone else until I started wearing more form fitting clothing.

You are doing great!!!!

L

Parasite Fri, Jul-18-03 12:05

You are doing great.

But given the current work enviroment (sexual harassment) I would never say anything... too dangerous.

:doah:

Jennifer7 Fri, Jul-18-03 12:31

LOL parasite!

rishamoon Fri, Jul-18-03 13:12

Yep, my face was thinner the first bit of weight I lost, and I also felt sort of let down that no one noticed the loss at first, but... I carried my weight rather well, it was evenly distributed and most people didn't believe I weighed as much as I did to begin with, so perhaps that was part of it. As I've started loosing, it has been NOT evenly distrbuted and in some ways it now accents how heavy I am, even though I am 30 pounds lighter than I was.

Eventually the clothes get looser... LOL, I actually didn't change sizes for almost 2 months and then suddenly I was TWO sizes smaller. Just give it time and stay positive!

farmgirl1 Fri, Jul-18-03 14:40

relax

Hi there!

I've been lcing since May 7th and it's taken till NOW for anyone to notice a difference (including myself!) I think I'm at about 35 lbs gone, but I still have 80 to go, so I guess we just have to relax and worry about how we feel - NOT how everyone else thinks we look! :nono: I know it's hard, trust me, I've been there.

Hang in!!! It'll all be good!

Abby
(Farmgirl1) :roll:

Hobbes Fri, Jul-18-03 14:44

Chicks are so vain ;)

tagcaver Fri, Jul-18-03 15:00

I have also lost 10 lbs with no one noticing (except my partner, but he usually sees more of my body than others :blush: ). But I had an experience the other night that may explain why no one is saying anything. I saw a friend Wednesday whom I hadn't seen in probably 4 months. She looked to me like she has lost weight, but I wasn't really sure. I held off saying anything just out of embarassment since I couldn't really remember exactly how she looked before.

Maybe that's why no one has said anything. Just my thoughts.

Joan

mammoth Fri, Jul-18-03 16:18

NO ONE HAS NOTICED?
Did it ever occur to you people to stop putting such "observational pressure" on the BLIND people you hang with! Besides...they would have to run their hands over your body to TELL! :yay: Which COULD be nice! LOL!

Best to all;
Jake