Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Nutrition & Supplements (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Is anyone taking Atkin's Dieter's Advantage? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=122066)

KristyC Fri, Jul-11-03 12:41

Is anyone taking Atkin's Dieter's Advantage?

I just received mine in the mail today and was wondering if anyone else takes or has taken it.

alexa Fri, Jul-11-03 12:48

I *have*them, and have taken them for about 6 weeks, but not as regularly as directed. (like once every other day) I am lousy at the 'one hour before meals' part.
I guess if I knew anyone who felt like they had signifigantly helped, I would try to be more consistant. Sorry-not to helpful, huh.

Operaghost Fri, Jul-11-03 13:02

I have been taking them pretty religously for about 8-9 months. Not always real good about the 1hr before thing, but oh well.

OG

kevidona Sat, Jul-19-03 03:42

Yes - I take the dieters advantage tabs and I think they are great. They give me so much energy. So much- that I take two b4 breakfast and two about 4:00 pm. If I wait any longer, I will be up all night!! I think they work well along with the essential oils and basic 3

barbara50 Fri, Jul-25-03 19:13

I started taking them about 3 weeks ago. Can't tell if they help. Supposed to be an appetite suppresant, but I still get very hungry! Am also taking Basic 3 and Essential Oils. Can't tell anything about them either, but will keep taking because I know they have things in them that I will benefit from. Let me know about your Dieter's Advantage.

Deiesse Tue, Aug-12-03 17:39

I got mine as part of the starter pack. I took them for a few days along with the essential oils and B#3's but stopped because I kept forgetting to take them an hour before and figured it was pointless because I once I was in ketosis I was never hungry anyway.

Now I'm doing a little more research into supplements, and it looks like they would be a good thing to take, even if I didn't take them at the advised time because they have so many of the recommended nutrients in them, e.g., Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Chromium, and L-Carnitine.

Those of you who don't take them and hour before: do you find they still help you?

Dorothy

galatia Thu, Aug-19-04 17:39

Is anyone taking these now, or have you and what is your opinion? I took them today and seem to be hungrier than ever....:confused: . Any other suggestions for an appetite suppressant?

Chas Sat, Sep-18-04 00:54

I started taking Basic 3, Dieters Advantage, Essential Oils, and the Accel almost a week ago. I have noticed a significant difference in my appetite. I have been sticking to the one hour before meals directions, so it seems to be working just fine.

I am eating alot fewer calories since starting the supplements, and have lost 4 lbs since restarting induction.