Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   one month anniversary (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=122033)

tulips Fri, Jul-11-03 09:56

one month anniversary

July 5, 2003 marked my one month anniversary of being on Atkins! Not having a scale available to weigh myself I took my body measurements instead. (as I did the first day on Atkins) Good News!!! I lost a total of 91/2 inches!!!!! Hooray! I'm on my way!
I'm still trying to find my way around the Triple Digit Club so please have patience with me if I post in the wrong places!!!
All of you have provided such inspiration for me. I just got back from a camping vacation so I had a lot to catch up on!
So many of your stories are the same as mine . Sometimes, I'm amazed how many ppl can be experiencing the same emotions or life's issues.
I'm so excited about my clothes getting bigger and cannot wait to get inot some smaller ones I've had hanging in my closet for a loooooooong time!
Thanks for letting me share my good news! You all keep me going!

tulips :p

Marchstart Fri, Jul-11-03 12:15

Congrats!!! Tulips........you are doing great!!!!....
Keep up the great work....Keep smiling...and enjoy this new way of eating.....it truly has changed my life.....:)

Iwilldoit Fri, Jul-11-03 12:15

Happy 1 month anniversary tulips! :D
And a very happy anniversary it is - 9 1/2 " melted away. That is great!!! :cheer:

Karsuepas Fri, Jul-11-03 12:49

Keep up the good work tulips!

PattyCT Fri, Jul-11-03 12:50

Congrats!!!

Happy Anniversary Tulips!!! Wow 9 1/2 inches is awesome!!!! :dazzle:

Best of luck to you on another successful month!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Patty

MisterE Fri, Jul-11-03 14:22

Keep going! Keep losing! Keep smiling!

SusieQQ Sat, Jul-12-03 00:59

Good Job!

Tulips:

You are doing great, keep up the good work. Start a journal and chart your progress, we look forward to seeing it.

1 month in and a lifetime to look forward too.

Susan

tulips Sat, Jul-12-03 07:16

Thanks SusieQQ....I have now started a journal!

liz175 Sat, Jul-12-03 07:45

Congratulations! I didn't weigh myself for my first 2.5 months low carbing because I didn't have access to a scale that went high enough. I knew I felt healthier and was eating less than I had previously since I was no longer hungry between meals, so I just took it on faith that I was losing, or at a minimum not gaining (which was a big improvement for me since I had been gaining steadily for almost 20 years). The big benefit of not weighing was that I got a very nice surprise when I finally stepped on a doctor's scale. Also, I spared myself a lot of trouble by not agonizing over the fact that my weight loss probably slowed down or stopped for a couple of weeks in there. So many people on the forum get hung up on the slowdown of their weight loss at the end of induction. By not knowing about it, I couldn't worry about it!

tulips Sat, Jul-12-03 09:38

What can I say?...You all are so wonderful. Thank you for the great inspiration and encouragement!
I hope to get pleasantly surprised too. I agree with you regarding constantly weighing oneself and getting hung up over a stall. Progressing towards the light at the end of the tunnel is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!!!!
I hope everyone feels free to talk to me at anytime. Giving is more important than getting!!

:) :) :) :roll: :roll: :agree:

kevidona Wed, Jul-16-03 13:40

Nice Job. Keep up the good work :yay: :yay: :yay:

dcbrowne Wed, Jul-16-03 20:17

Hurray for you! So glad you are here!