Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Favorite LC Restaurant? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=121748)

twindad Thu, Jul-10-03 08:57

Favorite LC Restaurant?

When you do go out, where is your favorite place to eat LC? (I'll bet steakhouses are up there)

I actually found a great place last night. In Texas we have a restaurant chain called the Big Bowl. It's Mongolian Grill style (where you pick out all kinds of ingredients, take it up to the grill and they cook it up.)
TALK ABOUT LC HEAVEN. That place had the following meats to choose from: Beef,Chicken,Brisquet, Pork,Lamb,Turkey,Scallops,Calamari,Crab(real), Shrimp,Fish,Crawfish....and then all kinds of veggies onion, tomatoe, brocolli, cauliflower, even nuts. HEAVEN.
And on top of that...IT'S ALL YOU CAN EAT!!! (just be careful of the sauces)

flangee Thu, Jul-10-03 09:03

that sounds good! :Party: im in a small town in canada so i have like Boston Pizza or Smittys to choose from. not really LC heaven cuz this town has like 6 chinese restraunts. :nono:

beginagain Thu, Jul-10-03 09:33

I can usually find something low carb at almost any restaurant. It's a heck of a lot easier than finding vegetarian items when I used to be vegetarian. The restaurants I like are noncorporate chains. I tend to go for the good independent places. Still can't bring myself to go to a steakhouse. My whole family got sick after eating at one when I was younger (definately food poisoning), so I associate that with steakhouses.

Shellyf34 Thu, Jul-10-03 10:33

Chili's has a great selection! I LOVE the Mushroom Jack Fajitas! They are really good about holding the carbs and giving you extra veggies, too.

GrooveJock Thu, Jul-10-03 10:50

Golden Corral is my fav. All you eat steak and veggies!

Bebet Thu, Jul-10-03 11:35

Any place I can get a good medium well, ribeye steak, fresh salad and broccoli. MMMM. :yay: Oh yeah, and a kids menu for the uh, kids. These places include, Salt Grass Steakhouse (Texas only??), Chili's, Outback Steakhouse, Cheddars used to have one but they took it off their menu, won't be going back there. :cry:

monogram Thu, Jul-10-03 11:44

For breakfast, McDonald's. I ordertwo bacon, egg and cheese biscuits, hold the biscuit. They put them in Chicken McNugget boxes.

For lunch, Hamburger Habit in West Los Angeles. Too bad this isn't a chain, because they make a tuna melt, and they'll put it on lettuce instead of bread that will knock your socks off. I eat these a couple of times a week.

For dinner, Outback Steakhouse or Stuart Anderson's.

Arie Thu, Jul-10-03 12:57

My favorate on or off LC...

pegva Thu, Jul-10-03 13:26

We have a Mongolian BBQ here called The Grey Wolf Grill. My all time fav!

Jeanne Sch Thu, Jul-10-03 13:41

For Shelley 34

Ok....The Holy Grail ......
....do I win anything? :yay:

LCalamari Thu, Jul-10-03 13:47

The KEG Steakhouse...YUMMY we are going there this weekend for my birthday!! I can't wait!!

JonBattle Thu, Jul-10-03 14:10

We just got the Keg here in Dallas...Its wonderful !!

ravengal Thu, Jul-10-03 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveJock
Golden Corral is my fav. All you eat steak and veggies!

I agree. Golden Corral can be a low-carber's dream. Unfortunately, though, the grill seasoning used on the steaks makes me retain a few pounds of water for at least two days after eating there.

Annie-Pie Thu, Jul-10-03 14:42

Yum...Outback keeps getting raves, and we have one here! Have to try it now!
I like the good ol' $1 double cheeseburger without bun/ketchup from McD's, and for dinner, Red Robin is very LC friendly, Newport Bay (Seattle/Portland areas), and TGIF's.
Chili's when we're in Phoenix.
YUM!

Great thread!

Kragness1 Thu, Jul-10-03 14:55

In the eastern half of the USA are restaurants called Roly Polys. They make wrap sandwiches where most of the time the only carbs are in the wrap. They have wheat wraps as an option. I usually get a steak fajita wrap with double meat, and it only 22 carbs. Goto the link for store locations.
http://rolypolyusa.com/