Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   best prices - website to buy LOW CARB food (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=121653)

brokbabe Wed, Jul-09-03 23:21

Website to buy LOW CARB FOOD...help!

Hey everyone-
What's the best site to buy low carb foods? I'm looking for something with lots to offer but fairly low prices.

Thanks!
-Lindsay

doristern Mon, Jul-14-03 18:17

I like Netrition.com. Check them out...for some things I found them less expensive, but on one item they were actually more expensive. So shop around. Good luck.

llabonte Tue, Jul-22-03 11:45

discount Atkins websites

Hi Everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has some websites for discount Atkins products. A few weeks ago someone had a site where you could buy the bars and pancakes etc. at a significantly lower cost than some of the other websites. But, as luck would have it I cannot find that site anymore and my memory has left me completely! Can anyone help? I just know that I only paid like $1.33 for the bars etc.
Also, I found that Log Cabin Sugar Free syrup is made with Spenda and about a third of the cost of Atkins. Hopefully, it will not be as watery as the Atkins. There's is pretty gross. Is there another Ketchup that is acceptable? I don't like paying 4.99 for a 8 oz bottle of ketchup but I have a hard time eating all that meat without it. Any suggestions are truly appreciated!
And one more good thing... last night my husband told me that I am getting so thin! Bless him. It has only been 20 pounds and I have about forty to go but it made me feel on top of the world!

motis Tue, Jul-22-03 12:23

The log cabin syrup is VERY tasty and not at all gross and watery like the Atkins. Not to mention the much lower cost. In fact, I can't tell the difference between that and "real" syrup.

As per the ketchup, I haven't found any substitutes yet, but I've heard many people say that they've made their own. I'm not sure exactly what with, but something along the lines of tomato paste and water. I'm sure you could find a recipe somewhere on the recipe board.

I don't know of any websites right off hand, but I do know that you can get the bars pretty cheap sometimes on e-bay. Also, I've found that if you can find a grocery store that carries Atkins products (and many are now) that they are about half the cost of the health food stores.

Sorry, I'm not much help. Someone will be able to point you in the right direction though, I"m sure. :)

Good luck!

~Angi~

jodidesign Tue, Jul-22-03 12:26

best website

i highly recommend www.vitaglo.com for atkins (and other products like la tortilla brand tortillas and vitamins)... they offer free shipping over $50 and the bars are the cheapest i've seen - a box of 15 for only $19.99 and muffin mixes for like $3.50... they deliver via ups so you get your stuff pretty quick...

~jodi

gerriz Tue, Jul-22-03 15:24

Here in Mn the Wal Mart stores sell the Advantage Bars for $1.57 ea. No shipping fees so it's probably cheaper than on-line. They have lots of Atkins and Carb Solutions products but the bars are about all I buy so I don't know if the other prices are good but I would check them out if you have one near you.

Marieshops Tue, Jul-22-03 17:00

I found some no sugar added ketchup at Harris Tetter, it still cost more than regular but not a lot. The brand is Estee, Smart Treats and it has 1 to 2 carbs per tbsp. Also, be careful ordering Atkins bars on ebay or from any source you are unsure of - I ordered some and the date had expired over a year ago. Also, Atkins old bars did not have as much fiber as the new ones. Wal-Mart, Target, and Sam's wholesale club have them cheap if those stores are in your area. Good luck shopping and keep up the good work!

geo53562 Tue, Jul-22-03 17:17

We've ordered from Vitacost: http://vitacost.com/ a couple of times. We especially like their La Nouba fruit spreads...taste like the real thing (which they actually are, except for the sugar substitution!)

They offer a couple of different ketchups...Keto for one, in addition to the Atkins. Their prices are reasonable, and they do not gouge on S&H charges, but they do have an annoying habit of shipping only what they have in stock, so you may find yourself missing a couple of critical items after waiting 3-5 days for delivery.

A couple of our local stores (including Cub Foods...they're headquartered in Redwing, MN) have started small Low-Carb/Organic sections hidden away from their mainstream traffic areas. We found these by accident...these items apparently aren't sexy enough to warrant an ad budget.

I picked up a bottle of the sugar-free Log Cabin Syrup the last time I was in the grocery, along with a couple of boxes of the Atkins' Country White Bread Mix (3 carbs/slice). I was cautious after tasting the Atkins' Pancake mix (pure cement!), but the bread mix actually came out of our breadmaker tasting quite good. I'm looking forward to a couple of slices of honest-to-goodness French Toast w/Log Cabin Syrup and Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage this weekend...mmmm!

wordlady Wed, Jul-23-03 06:31

I went and looked at the vitaglo site and I don't prefer it because they don't give you a nutrition label to examine. I'm sticking with netrition.com!!

siara28 Wed, Jul-23-03 06:48

Here is a post that I posted a few weeks ago, and I think these prices are cheaper than others...
I Don't know if the codes are still good or not!!!!!

you want great deals on ATKINS products........go to:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/vip023 to give you 40% off their prices...........THEN.......search for ATKINS

you can also use a code: 6882 for $10 off of $50.

I got quite a bit of stuff for $45 shipped!!

It looks like a lot of Atkins stuff can be used on ALL phases.......I wouldn't think they would say they are GOOD FOR INDUCTION if they weren't, but if you eat this stuff, you may have to cut back on other things you eat througout the day!!
JMHO!
Heidi

llabonte Wed, Jul-23-03 13:04

jodidesign-thanks!

:yay: jodidesign-
That's it!!!!!! That is the website I was looking for! Thank you dear lady! I am going to save all of these websites for future reference! :wiggle:

wordlady Thu, Jul-24-03 07:18

OH MY GOSH!!!!

I just went there and compared to my beloved netrition.com. It's SO MUCH CHEAPER!!!

Wow. Thanks guys. This place is great.