Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Check out this tool!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=11886)

tamarian Sat, Jul-14-01 10:22

Check out this tool!!

Our own carb-counter, based on USDA database, but sorted in different ways for carb, fiber, protein. Make sure to click on the "Detail" link for additional info.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter.html

I'll soon add another search box, but check this one and let me know your feed back!

Wa'il

doreen T Sat, Jul-14-01 11:11

way cool

Wa'il, this is excellent! The drop down lists by Food Group are more convenient than having to type in a food, especially if you're not 100% sure of the exact name. I also like that you can get the complete nutrient data, including calories and vitamins, by clicking on "Detail".

I'm guessing the Search box you're planning to add will allow the user to select serving sizes other than 100 gm? Awesome.

Looks like I can remove the USDA site from my Favorites list, and add this one instead. It's a keeper for sure!

Way to go ... you're always hard at work with all kind of surprises and goodies to make this THE best lowcarb site on the web.

Doreen

wenderwomn Sat, Jul-14-01 11:33

Oh this is wonderful!! It comes in very handy for a newbie like me! You can bet I'll be a very frequent visitor! :)

Wendy

tamarian Sat, Jul-14-01 12:12

Actually, the search box will be to search for a specific text/item like "garlic".

We might be able to hack a portion size calculator as well. Great idea.

Glad you guys liked it :)

Wa'il

jomil Sat, Jul-14-01 12:31

Wa'il, don't you ever rest on your laurels?

It's a great addition to this Forum, especially if I can type in a food by name rather than try and search it out of the vast lists.

If you add the availability of different portions it would have great benefits to all.

While I have your attention..... I have unsuccessfully tried three times today to use the spell checker when posting a reply, without success. It goes as far as to say 'loading'. and goes no further.

Thanks and Regards
Joe

tamarian Sat, Jul-14-01 12:40

Quote:
Originally posted by jomil
Wa'il, don't you ever rest on your laurels?
/quote]

LOL, this is what I do to rest from my real work :)

[quote]
It's a great addition to this Forum, especially if I can type in a food by name rather than try and search it out of the vast lists.

Now it's there.

Quote:
If you add the availability of different portions it would have great benefits to all.

This should be added, I hope, before we link tot he tool from our menu.

Quote:
While I have your attention..... I have unsuccessfully tried three times today to use the spell checker when posting a reply, without success. It goes as far as to say 'loading'. and goes no further.

It seems there are changes from spellcheck.net (the free spell service). I'll try to see what's going on on.

Wa'il

Karen Sat, Jul-14-01 14:27

Totally Grooovy! :D

This site really is becoming the best on the web!

Karen

tamarian Sat, Jul-14-01 16:33

O.K., now on the details page, it allows you to select different portion/sizes. :)

Wa'il

debbiedobson Sat, Jul-14-01 16:53

this is wonderful wa'il! just like you! thank-you so much for all your hard work! this is going to come in so handy!:D

ShirleyL Sat, Jul-14-01 16:56

Carb Counter

Love it!!!

Shirley
Florida

ShirleyL Sat, Jul-14-01 17:00

One Additional Thing

Is there a link that takes you back to the main page, in order to do another search...? Without having to hit the "back" button?

That would be really helpful!

Shirley

doreen T Sat, Jul-14-01 17:17

There are 4 ways to get back to the forum's main page without using the back button

- click on Forum on the red menu bar at the top of every page

- click on the Home icon at the top right

- click on "Active Low-Carber Forums" just above the pink bar at the top of the message(s) you're reading

- if you're at the bottom of the page, there's a Forum Jump box ... you can select Home, or any other part of the message board.

Doreen

tamarian Sat, Jul-14-01 17:21

I think Shirley is referring to the main food search page :)

This will definitly be added before we add it to our site (I mean link to it). I'm still testing it for bugs and inconsistenceis. Any bug reports so far? ;)

Wa'il

doreen T Sat, Jul-14-01 17:23

Duh ... of course .. :rolleyes: .... I just woke up

goingfor60 Sat, Jul-14-01 20:24

I think this may have been the happiest day I've had in the last few weeks! Finding this counter is almost as exciting as the idea of having a slice of cake! I have searched high and low for a counter that made sense and was easy to use.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...