Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fell Off The Wagon (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=11878)

ShirleyL Sat, Jul-14-01 04:19

Fell Off The Wagon

Last night I feel off the wagon - not too bad, though. First time in three weeks, so I'm not beating myself up about it. Had a bad day at work... you know, the old "comfort food" eating.....

Anyone tried some of the low carb chip-type snacks? Wonder if that would help in those really weak moments. It was the salt type crunchy snack I craved, not sweets. There's a natural food store not far from me - I'm told they sell low carb products so will check it out.

The scale this morning, at least, is more forgiving than I am to myself. Another thing I have to break the addition of - that darned scale..... Think I'll ask my hubby to hide it - ha!

Have a good day, folks!

Shirley
Central Florida

golowcarb Sat, Jul-14-01 04:51

Hi Shirley! So you fell off the wagon...pick yourself back up and jump back on it! Don't beat yourself up over it....get back on the lowcarb wagon right away. It happens to all of us...some of us over and over again...LOL. But the great thing about lowcarbing is that it is easy to get back into the swing of it.

Some of the lowcarb snacks I use for my "comfort" foods are cheese crisps (very easy to make...I use either shredded cheddar cheese or sliced provolone...place cheese on freezer paper in microwave; microwave on medium power until lightly browned. Remove from microwave, add salt and let cool. Break into pieces and eat like chips. Another variation I use is instead of adding salt, I break it into pieces and use as dip chips with either salsa or cream cheese); and pepperoni chips (again very easy to make, same procedure as the cheese crisps; use as dip chips or eat plain). Of course, the old stand by...peanuts are great, too. Or macadamia nuts are great too.
Hope this helps! Just remember that you are strong and will make it!

ShirleyL Sat, Jul-14-01 05:26

Thats for the Tips!

That cheese snack sounds great... think I'll give it a try!

Low carbings is only three weeks old to me, so I'm learning little by little. I know it takes time to learn...

Rainy day here in Florida. Off to exercise - what better to do on a rainy morning.....

Thanks again!

Shirley
Florida

golowcarb Sat, Jul-14-01 05:44

One year and nine months lowcarbing for me, and I am still learning, too! I still fall off the wagon, too....let's not discuss the drive-in movie popcorn I indulged in the other night...LOL! But one thing, I have learned is that I can get right back on LC'ing when I fall off the wagon...and I no longer am my own worse enemy (I don't beat myself up over it any more!).
Well, I am to bed...what better thing to do after working until 6 am? Exercise comes later....Have a great day!

shelley Sat, Jul-14-01 07:32

Hey Shirley; did the same thing last night. One of those pms things. I completely blew it, tacos, chips, chocolate the whole nine yards... I feel so ill today and of course my blood sugars are sky high. That will teach me.:mad: But I permit myself that one day a month and today is a new day.....:cool:

Karen Sat, Jul-14-01 09:26

Hi Shelly,

Pork rinds are a good 0 carb option for when you get the "crunchies". Crunchy stuff of one of the things you miss when first going LC. I sometimes like to have a plate of celery sticks, pork rinds and a bit of cheese as a snack. It satisfies all those crunchy, cheesey, salty desires. Shell on pumpkin and sunflower seeds are good too. It takes a long time to eat them. When I first started this WOE, I always had a bag of them around.

Watch out for nuts! Sometimes when you start eating nuts, its very hard to stop at a few tablespoons.

Karen

joanne42 Sat, Jul-14-01 14:32

I love to munch on pumpkin seeds.. Satisfies my cravings and crunchiness...

shelley Sat, Jul-14-01 19:37

Good idea about the pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Thanks:D

DonnaVT Sat, Jul-14-01 20:40

Me too!

Hi sorry to here you had a bad night. But good job that it's been 3 great weeks before that - that is wonderful!
I fell off due to PMS - My craving was dairy and chocolate. I did eat the porkrinds for salty snack - Hot & Spicy are my favorite.
Tried those Chees chips w/ american and it was good!
well good for you for jumping back on!
Didn't feeling like crap the next day make you not want to do it again? It did for me - no energy and sluggish mentally and physically - yuck!
Take it easy and good luck!
DonnaVT

goingfor60 Sat, Jul-14-01 20:45

I am 3 months WOC and 19 pounds lighter... During my second month I went on vacation. I was good for 2 outta 7 days and the shame and guilt was awful. So the day I got home I started over, and havent look back since! Keep Going...

For PMS and almost everything else I use single 1 oz servings of planters peanuts 5.4g and Teriyaki flavored beef jerky 4g for sweet and salty. Costco has both items in large quantities ;)