Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Could it be because I am not ...... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=111257)

Enique Wed, Jun-04-03 19:08

Could it be because I am not ......

Okay, I am on day 21 of induction and still no loss! I have actually gained two pounds! What is wrong with me? I have done every thing I can think of and not one budge off of the old gut. UGH! Starting a week ago I have done induction almost perfectly (A.k.a no atkins products) Yes I get in my water no I don't havy thyroid problems. I have had only one can of diet caffeine free coke a day less than three packs of splenda. The correct amount of cheese, the only thing I think might be off with is my veggis. I dont know how to correctly measure them. To me it looks like such a small amount a day when I see them. If you dont mind I am going to post below the last three days of induction for you all to see. . . Please suggestions are wanted. Oh and there seems to be no loss in inches either. I weigh 168 now and my goal is 139. I am worried that I will gain weight. I was fat last year and lost 75lbs on shakes at a local hospital but I need to learn how to eat again. Also I had been in ketosis previously, but now I can't seem to get back in to it. I had a beinge of Atkins products and cheese on Saturday that has seemed to throw the ketosis from starting up again. Please help! Thanks -Erin

Monday Menu
Pepperoni as a snack
Roast beef
Pork rinds
Soy milk 1 cup (1 carb per serving made w/splenda)
blended w/tofu (1 serving)
egg, splenda, cream, and peanut butter one Tbls.
around 11 carbs

Tuesday Menu
cheese 2ounces
two eggs,
sausage, bacon,
egg as snack
left over roast
turkey and cheese roll ups for dinner
Soy milk 1 cup (1 carb per serving made w/splenda) blended with
one scoop designer protein blended
around 14 carbs

Wednesday (today)
Designer protein mixed with water
sausage and 2 eggs with 1/4 green pepper
pork rinds as snack
two small sausage sticks
tea
lettuce and cheese (3oz)with
taco meat I madew/sourcream/cheese
cheese hotdog

milkshake of designer protein with soy milk 1 cup again

and 1tbls cream
Total I have 14.35 carbs

LadyBelle Wed, Jun-04-03 19:43

ut out the peanut butter and protien shakes and add a ton more veggies would be my advice. Are you sure you're only drinking an 8 oz glass of the milk?

It also looks like you are getting no where near the amount of fat and calories you need.

Enique Wed, Jun-04-03 19:47

Yup only about a glass of the soy milk (one carb) a day. My fear was that I was eating to much! I also have only had the peanut butter that one day and got rid of it because it was to good :P but i just bought the protein shakes last night as a treat because I miss those, i called atkins today and they said the choc. designer protein was okay because it was made with splenda and only one net carb per serving. Thanks for your replys -Erin

violet30 Wed, Jun-04-03 19:48

I think you need more veggies. Try a salad, or some celery with cream cheese (yummmmmmm!).

Keep your chin up, and take your measurements. You may have lost a few inches!!

Enique Wed, Jun-04-03 19:52

So should i eat more veggis to up my carbs? I am just so afraid to gain weight doing atkins. Am I eating too much meat? Everyone else seems to be losing and I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong. Maybe i will post tomorrows menu up as well. I dont like doing fit day because it takes soooo much time to figure up the tallys for the day. I dont have a lot of time to do that so i just write it down and look at my atkins gram counter :) :rolleyes:

red1cutie Wed, Jun-04-03 19:57

Hi Enique!

If I were you I would do the following:
Cut out the coke. Smeone told me splenda causes them to stall.
When I started Atkins I had problems with Pepperoni (look at ingredients..dextrose, maltodextrin, cornsyrup, fructose...the are some on the no nos). Or you may be retaining from the salt.

Pork rinds may be causing you to retain water. If you eat those perhaps you should up your water. How much water do you drink?

Sausage, hotdogs & Bacon could be causing you to retain water. Eat limited amounts. Plus look at ingredients of both. Some of the sausages I looked at had sugar, skim milk.

I think you need to up your carbs. Eat more fibrous veggies. Perhaps you may be constipated.

What is the carb content of the soy milk?

Is the peanut butter sugar free? Maybe cut that out.

Not enought veggies, too little calories, not enough fat (pump up fat)

Maybe just eat 1 oz of cheese instead of the max (3-4ozs) per day)

Eat non deli meats, chicken and fish, veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, string beans, lettuce, tomatoes etc.

Drink more water, at least 2 liters.

Start a strict induction!

Good luck!

Peace
red

Enique Wed, Jun-04-03 20:02

hmmm, i know that the bacon and pepperoni do have dextrose in them that I have been eating and i have been consuming them everyday! I wonder if that is the problem. Well shoot, now i need to find some without dextrose I love bacon and sausauge. I hope this is the problem! I need to lose something soon so I stop panicking like this :confused:

Coriolis Wed, Jun-04-03 21:37

Enique, not sure if this helps, but everytime I eat anything remotely salty -- ham, sausage, bacon -- I can almost guarantee I'll be the same weight the next day, and sometimes a lb or two heavier. In my case it's water retention, and I drink typically 4 litres/day.

I've had to cut out all salty foods to stay on track.