Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Movie Cinema Snacks.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=110699)

Goat Lady Tue, Jun-03-03 07:23

Movie Cinema Snacks....

I'm sure this has been posted before but....if so...here it is again...

I'm taking my kids to go and see "Finding Nemo" today and was wondering what you had or brought to snack on during the movie. (Why do you have to snack on anything during a movie anyway...who made that rule???)

Anyway, I've done the popcorn and coke snacks all of my life when I went to go and see movies...(just following the "rules") and I don't want to be tempted to eat the popcorn....

So...any suggestions?

Marlaine Tue, Jun-03-03 07:39

Hi there.....

I'd always been a popcorn eater. Not just at the movies, but at home too and I have to admit, taking in a movie meant eating popcorn to me. However, staying with my eating plan is much more important, so what I do now is smuggle in my own large bottle of water and a measured quantity of nuts that fits in with my day's worth of food. For me, the munch and crunch factor of the nuts does the trick!

Marlaine

klawrence Tue, Jun-03-03 08:26

Yep-- nuts

They have the crunch, and they help you stay full. (They're also easy to sneak in.) Also, don't go hungry (oooh, that popcorn smell.) My movie theater sells coffee, too, so I had one of those with cream and some fake sugar.

hotirishdi Tue, Jun-03-03 08:29

snacks

I took my DD to see that last weekend. I tend to bring in a tube of peanuts (since I can't over do it that way) and/or a low carb candy bar. Then I get the large sized bottle of water at the concessions stand, so I don't feel too much like I'm breaking the rules. I get my salty, my sweet and my liquid!

Enjoy the movie. It was great.

motis Tue, Jun-03-03 08:30

I had the same dillema. I took my kids to see that last Friday. I just got myself a diet pepsi and the kids a bag of skittles. I found that once I got my ticket and passed that snack counter, I was fine. Finding Nemo was a GREAT movie. No snack required. :)

~Angi~

hippygal Tue, Jun-03-03 08:35

Great Movie

Saw it last night. No snack for me. I did see it before dinner so I grabbed a piece of cheese to eat on the way so I wouldn't be hungry!

scanance65 Tue, Jun-03-03 08:36

I take pork rinds and Water. Eat something before you go and you will not be hungry!! By the way the movie is great. I can't wait to see it again. I had 4 kids and 6 adults all go. The adults always seem to need a kid to go to the kid movies!! LOL

Karen Tue, Jun-03-03 08:50

Sunflower seeds in the shell and jerky. It takes a looong time to eat sunflower seeds and will keep you occupied for most of the movie.

Karen