Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Know of Any Acceptable Gum? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=109750)

eagle34 Fri, May-30-03 22:05

Know of Any Acceptable Gum?

Hi,

Anyone know of any gum that's OK (no Nutrasweet or saccarine)?

I found this GREAT flavored water at Wal-Mart called Fruit-2-0 that has Splenda. Now I'm looking for some gum.

Also, week 1 of induction I lost 5.5 pounds but I had a slip up today (rice and beans) :-( ... will this put me "back at the beginning" so to speak?

Thanks,

J

mammoth Fri, May-30-03 22:21

Only gum I could find in the grocers was TRIDENT Cinnamon. Xylitol and sucralose...so is OK.

Other flavors of Trident are different...just cinnamon works!

Hope this helps;
Jake

mrschmelz Fri, May-30-03 22:24

I chew Dentyne Ice. Each piece has one sugar alcohol in it.

campbanana Fri, May-30-03 22:29

Carefree Koolers
Trident
Dentyne Ice/Dentyne Fire
Orbit

eagle34 Fri, May-30-03 22:36

Thanks guys.

I like Dentyne Ice, but I haven't looked at the label since I started Atkins and didn't know it was OK. Haven't had gum in a week and it's driving me nuts.

campbanana Fri, May-30-03 22:43

If you like Dentyne Ice, you've got to try the new Dentyne Fire. It taste just like an old fashioned fire ball. It's the very best cinnamon gum I have ever tried!

eagle34 Fri, May-30-03 22:45

:D I was eyeballing it (the Fire) really hard when I was in the store the other day; just figured I couldn't have it.

It's weird because after day 3 or so, I haven't been really all that hungry and my cravings have gone down substantially, but I still feel like I want to eat, so I'm hoping the gum will do the trick.

campbanana Fri, May-30-03 22:46

I only chew gum when I exercise.

Kathy54 Fri, May-30-03 23:55

Safeway sells a Dentyene made with splenda, never with out it, I break it in half, thou as 1 carb per stick.
Kathy

Joe Joe Sat, May-31-03 01:09

I've been chewing Max Air lately, it's pretty good. Similar to Dentyne Ice.

Beetlebug Sat, May-31-03 07:48

:wave:
This was such a great question! I have had the wonderful ketosis breath and just thought I couldn't have the gum and with these choices at least people won't run from me now LOL :D
Do you worry about the carbs?

cetacean Sat, May-31-03 08:53

i chew trident myself. it definitely helps with the breath. hehe

btw, eagle34 - congrats on your weight loss!! :yay:

flangee Sat, May-31-03 23:49

on the package of max air it say for carbohydrate reduced diets, and there is 0 carbs and no sugar. mainly malitol and a little aspertame. I like the best!

Joe Joe Sun, Jun-01-03 01:18

Quote:
Originally posted by flangee
on the package of max air it say for carbohydrate reduced diets, and there is 0 carbs and no sugar. mainly malitol and a little aspertame. I like the best!

Excel gums used to say that as well, but now they don't... :confused:

I chew Max Air too!

wordlady Sun, Jun-01-03 05:39

I've never heard of Max Air!! Is that a type of gum or the maker?

We buy a huge pack of Orbit at Sam's club...and I chew it anytime I'm in a social situation or will be close up.