Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Matt here, saying hello. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=109554)

tyrs_sword Fri, May-30-03 08:53

Matt here, saying hello.

Hi guys.

I've been on induction for almost 7 weeks. I'm hoping that if this week is like the others I should have lost around 35 lbs. If I was on a 'normal' diet, by now I'd have stopped loosing weight and started back on the cakes and chocolate. I still half expect to get on the scales and see (like all the other times I've dieted) my weight loss has stopped. I've started cycling 3 or 4 times a week for about 20 minutes and have even taken up golf again. I've set myself an initial goal of getting under 200 lbs, but I'd like to get down to 175ish. I've taken my before picture, and I look forward to taking my after pic sometime in the future. It seems from what I've seen on this and other sections of the website, that that's for once, not an unrealistic goal.

Matt

SweetSheri Fri, May-30-03 09:33

Way to Go!

Congrats! :cheer: :rose: :cheer: :rose: :cheer: You have done great!Keep it up!

Charran Fri, May-30-03 10:15

Hi Matt! and Welcome! :wave: Sounds like you have been doing super and have conquered the "carb demon". Good going on the exercise too! I think it really helps to get active. We will all look forward to your "after" pictures. Good luck on this WOE!

DarB Fri, May-30-03 10:28

Way to go Matt...you are doing fantastic. Just keep up the good work...we are here to keep you company, and give support etc.
Start a journal, that way people can come and visit you, and you should feel free to go around visiting other peoples journals as well. that is how we all stay in touch.
Talk to you again soon

Zora Fri, May-30-03 11:06

Hi Matt,

You are doing awesome!! :thup: Hope to see you around the forum!

tgill32177 Fri, May-30-03 11:29

Welcome Matt!

Welcome to TDC!!!

Isn't it wonderful to NOT be starving any more and be eating foods that satisfy the hunger.

Your results are great so far. :sunny:

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Have a wonderful day,
Tanya

thebigman Fri, May-30-03 12:57

Welcome

Hi Matt,

Great to meet you and well done on all you have acheived, you are just so right about how this way of eating works. Hope to see you around and read your posts

Graeme

dcbrowne Fri, May-30-03 19:40

Welcome and congrats on your progress!

Signey Fri, May-30-03 20:27

Hi Matt

Welcome! You are doing just great! Guy's are sure blessed with their metabolism's. I wish I could drop the pounds/stones/euro's as quickly. :D
You rock!
Signey

tyrs_sword Sat, May-31-03 04:22

Thanks guys. Your words of encouragement say so much about this place and everyone who uses it. I look forward to chatting to you in the coming months as we all progress on our LCing. I might even start a journal.

Matt

MisterE Sat, May-31-03 05:30

Welcome, Matt!
Looks like you are off to a terrific start! I would suggest you start a journal as fast as you are comfortable with the idea. It helps you track your food each day and moods, illness, etc.; a great deal of encouragement from other's who have been there and done that...and from folx just starting out like you and me; a meeting place for new friends.
Reagrdless whether you journal or not there are many kind and experienced people here to help you on your journey to your chosen level of fitness and your chosen way of eating.
Best regards!