Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Now I'm confused..any ideas whats wrong with me? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=109240)

SlimShAdY Thu, May-29-03 09:29

Now I'm confused..any ideas whats wrong with me?

This is kinda a double post I guess since I sort of asked the same questions already but I'm so confused...:help:

- I only have 2 symptoms of acid reflex.

I have had a bad taste in my mouth for atleast a month. It isn't ketosis,(I've been high carbing and lowcarbing..lol) It's at it's worst when I wake up. I've been killing it with diet pepsi. I was drinking a bottle a day. :eek:

I also have the air being pushed out my stomach and can feel it in my throat.. thing going on..

I do not have any of the stomach cramps though.

- Then there are the typical things I think are thyroid related......
Motion sickness
Naseaus...
Dizziness..(also haven't been eating right or taking supplements I'm low on EVERYTHING which I know makes me dizzy)

So I've been eating wheat bagels and lately ritz crackers. But, those just make me bloated and gassy.....Possibly adding to the acid thing..?

I'm back on thyroid meds as of today. (thought I had to go without for another 2 weeks but nope!) So Yay! But I've been off them before and have never had the acid reflex problem...I want to get back into lowcarbing as soon as possible since I don't feel so great eating like THIS. I feel like sh..t But.... I think maybe yo-yoing from low to high carb has caused the acid thing..and maybe even that motion sickness thing :confused: :confused:

How can I get rid of that and eat lowcarb? I'm afraid to make it any worse....I am seriously not looking for excuses here but I can't drink water because of the TASTE in my mouth. It's disgusting, I feel like I ate a dead animal. Actually, a dead animal sounds more tasty. :rolleyes:

I can drink Diet Pepsi to get rid of it, but duhhhh (I figure this out months later) soda is gassy and making me burp MORE. So yeah, this isn't doing crap for me and I want to quit. Maybe crystal light instead.. :confused:

Skim Milk seems to help, but I'm lactose intollerant and theres only so much I can drink of this too....

K so I'm a mess! What should I start off with trying? I thought about trying a basic, blah chicken soup but I'm scared of the vegies making anything worse.... And what if lowcarb makes the acid thing worse? Anyone have experience with this? I haven't if you can't tell...lol..I have no idea what to eat or what not to eat. Should I quit the Atkins Advantage shakes as well? I've been drinking those for the vitamins since I'm obviously not eating right.

Talon Thu, May-29-03 10:07

Quote:
I also have the air being pushed out my stomach and can feel it in my throat.. thing going on..

Is this kinda like a gassy thing? Otherwise it sounds like an anxiety attack.

Kathy54 Thu, May-29-03 10:14

Maybe a dumb question but here goes, have you tryed just doing low carb for 1 week? Leave out all the wheat products?
I am now able to have a slice of toast 1-2 a week and most often I'll start burping right away ! I bet the wheat in those bagels are part of your problem.

Kathy

SlimShAdY Thu, May-29-03 10:19

Quote:
Originally posted by Talon
Is this kinda like a gassy thing? Otherwise it sounds like an anxiety attack.

Yeah it's gassy because I usually burp. Other times it seems to just sit in my throat untill I actually make myself burp.

SlimShAdY Thu, May-29-03 10:22

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathy54
Maybe a dumb question but here goes, have you tryed just doing low carb for 1 week? Leave out all the wheat products?
I am now able to have a slice of toast 1-2 a week and most often I'll start burping right away ! I bet the wheat in those bagels are part of your problem.

Kathy

Well the air in my throat thing started while on lowcarb..(I might have had a cheat day back then, I don't remember).. I know the bagels aren't helping, they were just helping with the motion sickness thing I was getting. I've only been eating those for about a week. But yea, I think maybe they just made my other symptoms worse....=/