Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   2 pound drop??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=108529)

youngdor Tue, May-27-03 04:01

2 pound drop???

Yesterday was very stressful- my dh's bloodpressure spiked and he needed to go to the ER - so I was home waiting for news for 5 hours straight- what do you think I did for those 5 hours, you got it- I ate- all low carb, but all junk. He turned out to be ok and all tests came back fine. I got on the scale this morning to see the damage I had done and was shocked to see I was down to 129- that is a two pound drop from the day before. I have been stuck in the 130's for two weeks. I am not changing my stats because I can't believe this weight is legit- I ate all the so called stall foods yesterday and not one vegetable. This is what it looked like:

Bk: 3 scrambled eggs and 4 strips bacon

L: double cheeseburger from Mc D's no bun

Stress eating: half bag of low carb nacho chips with cheese dip
nuts, half of Atkins cinnamon bun bar, swiss cheese, slice of american cheese diet coke

D: chili (low carb recipe) and sugar free jello with whipped cream

So what is the explanation for the weight loss? I'm baffled

MaryToU Tue, May-27-03 05:26

I guess high stress can burn up a lot of calories. There is also the chance that you were just do. And my favorite, maybe you have not been getting enough calories and fats in your plan, so your body has been holding back. I lose best when I get my fat level intake around 65 to 70% on www.Fitday.com

whyspers Tue, May-27-03 05:45

Sometimes a bump in carbs will cause a whoosh. Not sure why, but have noticed it from time to time and have heard others say if you are stalled to try increasing carbs to see if that gives you a bump. I have never tried it on purpose, but I usually don't get 20 carbs and have noticed when I eat more carbs via low carb junk food (last couple of weekends I've been very bad...lol) I still whoosh. Still would like to cut out the junk food though. I'm back to doing strict induction again this morning (this means minus the SF Hershey's and Le Carb Chocolate Almond).

L

anais57 Tue, May-27-03 06:36

fastest weight loss

the fastest weight loss program i have ever been on is the divorce program....lol. i lost 17 lbs in one week when the dh took is hike. ("d" does not stand for dear) seriously....stress revs your metabolism like nothing else. i don't recommend it, but when it happens take the blessing and take care of yourself.
-catherine

vbrowne Tue, May-27-03 06:55

Yep, the divorce diet was awesome, the only good thing that came out of that marriage! Remarried now for 10 years and have to watch my weight all the time :D - but totally worth it!

Vikki