Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Confession Booth (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   I cheated need some support (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=108368)

flangee Mon, May-26-03 12:06

I cheated need some support

OOPs :confused: I cheated at my cuzs b-day this weekend, I had a blizzard and cake.. I am so mad. I just was craving it sooo bad (the ice cream) was my body lacking something? I am back on induction today. how much damage did I do? Help me I don't want to fall off the bandwagon again. :rolleyes:

scanance65 Mon, May-26-03 12:07

I am new so not much advice I can give accept. get back on board and don't look back. You will be fine!!!!!!!!

flangee Mon, May-26-03 12:10

thanks ;)

jamian Mon, May-26-03 12:21

Don't beat yourself up. I think it is very theraputic to have a cheat day every now and then as long as you really enjoyed it and are willing to accept the consequences and go back to induction for several days, as you are. I think it's better to do this than battle the cravings day in and day out all the time and end up having frequent little cheats like ODing on okay stuff so you still end up not loosing. This strategy works for me.

Good luck, I know you'll continue to do great.

Jamian

rrwriter Mon, May-26-03 19:25

I've been living low carb for almost 11 months now. What's interesting is that the longings change, gradually, so that the longer you stay with low carb, the less you feel pulled toward high carb foods. That's a long term thing, though, not much help in the short run. What I did in the beginning was follow some advice I read, I think from Dr. A. himself: If you are craving sweets, eat something really, really rich in fats. Like (I'm not kidding) cheese fried in butter. Or steak wrapped in bacon. Or make homemade mayonnaise in the blender with a good olive oil and dip celery sticks into it. The fats are wonderfully satisfying. I always ate before going to parties, too. If there was anything there that I wanted that was low carb, I could still add it in, but I did everything I could to avoid feeling deprived. I carried favorite things with me so I would not feel left out.

Maybe the main thing is to commit at a deeper level to yourself and your project of becoming lean, becoming free from carb cravings, free from negative self-judgments. Low carb eating frees us from all those things. My confidence grows each time I choose well. It takes investment in the front end, and planning, and experimenting, and changing what does not work. Sounds like this set of birthday party decisions did not work -- so what will? Wipe out the guilt and see where the learning is, because that's the way to get value out of messing up. You can use this birthday experience to figure out how to do the next birthday better. You'll feel victorious, and you'll love it. It will be worth the temporary slowdown in weight loss you may have experienced due to one slip.

Be strong -- it's all there for you.

BeccaResRN Tue, May-27-03 05:14

Hello

Hi...don't worry too much. I think cheating is bad for us physically and mentally but if you get back on track you are going to be OK.

i am so close to goal and I have been doing this WOL since JULy and I cheated this weekend...for ice cream too. Do I think you body needed something that was in the ice cream...do I think my body was lacking something thats why i craved ice cream...No.

I think I associate hot days with ice cream and my mind said you neeeeeedddd it!! So I bought so Le CARb ice cream to prepare for these up coming hot days that will say ice cream and I got back on track

I think everyone stumbles, everyone falls but its what happens next that determines success...do you stay down and wallow in your failure or do you jump up and keep on that road to sucess.

I know that you and I will make it I we just keep trying, its when you quit trying that you truly fail :wave: