Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   curious (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=107991)

djer1411 Sat, May-24-03 21:58

curious

im new and was just wondering about how long it took you all to lose about 20 lbs. That is my goal, and was just curious about how long it will take. I realize its different for everyone, but a rough estimate would be appreciated. Thanks!

Notty Sat, May-24-03 23:05

It took me about 5 weeks to lose the first 20 pounds, although about half of that came in the first week or so of induction.

Although the inevitable slow down has happened, it is still more consistent and quicker than my previous starvation low Fad diets.

One thing though, I found, with the exception of coffee, which for me seems to have no effect, I have followed Atkins to the letter, particularly in relation to the bars and shakes. Have not touched them. If it is not meat, eggs, cream, cheese or allowed vegetables, I dont touch it.

AND..... Loving it.

youngdor Sun, May-25-03 05:01

I lost 17 pounds in five weeks- getting closer to that 20 mark but it does slow down a lot after the initial two weeks or so. I have been losing about pound and half to two pounds a week now. I have been exercising too. Good luck!

Smudgie Sun, May-25-03 05:17

It took me 9 week to lose 20 pounds.
Good Luck!
:wave:

Paleoanth Sun, May-25-03 05:50

It took me four months to lose 20 pounds. At that point I was losing about 5 pounds a month.

MaryToU Sun, May-25-03 06:40

Keep in mind, the closer you are to goal (and the less you weight) the slower your weight loss in more likely to be. :wave:

paradise Sun, May-25-03 07:37

It also took me about four months to lose twenty pounds, then everything came to a grinding halt (for 5 1/2 months - hadn't taken early measurements so the scale was my only barometer). Just recently, the scale is moving again. Happy LCing!!!

black57 Sun, May-25-03 11:05

I took this long for me

It took me about 4 months to lose 20 lbs. During induction, I lost 9 lbs. The best thing is, you will lose at your own rate.

Black57

LCBarbara Sun, May-25-03 11:33

In general men lose quicker than women and younger people faster slower than older folks. I don't think anyone can guarantee someone how much weight they will lose.

I have been following Atkins religiously for 10 weeks and have lost 14 lbs.

Try not to compare yourself to others or you may get discouraged if you don't lose as quickly as someone else. Best advice is to follow the program and you will lose!

sharann Sun, May-25-03 12:16

About 4 or 5 months for the first 20. Then over 3 months a trickle for 5 pounds. I'm at my last 5 now and it's halted. One day I'm down 1 the next 1/2 up. Then down... But I AM maintaining. So maybe the last 5 will be over the next few months.

manucpa Sun, May-25-03 15:21

I took me from July 11 to Nov 28 2002, about 4.5 months. I'm a slowpoke. But I sure didn't suffer doing it, never hungry and eating most of the food I really like anyway. I'm lucky in that carbs were not a big addiction for me, but it still helped to reduce the insulin response and stop storing fat. I never really had any cravings to speak of. For me if I'm not hungry, I don't crave food of any kind.

Birddog Sun, May-25-03 15:42

It took me a little under 4 weeks. Of course it heavier you are in the beging the faster it comes off. :wave:

Jannie Sun, May-25-03 16:17

I also had only 20 lbs to lose. It took me about 3 months. During that time, I went from a size 18-20 to a size 14-16. I am THRILED with the results of this WOL! I'm now trying to figure out maintenance-best of luck as you progress!!

:daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: