Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   You'll be thin when I bury you from heart desease? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=107190)

surrender Wed, May-21-03 20:03

You'll be thin when I bury you from heart desease?

I have a co-worker and everyday she says something about what I am eating. The opening line is her favorite though. And when other people come in and I explain the LC way, she always says that "Yeah you'll be thin when we bury you from heart desease. I explain what I know about the program and how it is opposite of what the culture has been taught and that is why there are so many obease people in the world and the almost epidemic of diabeaties but other than that I have not said anything and I let her have her opinion but I am really getting tired of her little comments. I just tell her all the great side effects since I have been on the LC program. All the things that people usually have to take a pill for have gone away since I started. Thank God!!!
And thanks for letting me get thta off my chest. But let me tell you almost everyone at work now is making excuses about what they are eating all that high carb food and they are feeling guilty after all the information I have given them...Tee Hee :clap:
Anyone have any advice...

Started 155 April 26th 2003
now 145
goal 135

kiwilass Wed, May-21-03 22:41

Yeah, print out some of the news articles on CNN, MSN, NBC etc that are currently on their websites saying that the latest research is how SURPRISED doctors are that Atkins dieters had BETTER cardiological profiles than low fat dieters, and shove the whole pile of paper down her throat! :eek:

LisaUK Thu, May-22-03 00:10

If she eats a load of trash then she too will be thin and being buried from heart disease. Just ignore her and don't rise to her bait by telling her ANYTHING. She's obviously just being annoying on purpose. Whoever got heart disease from eating tons of veggies and salads!?

Karen Thu, May-22-03 00:31

Just eat fabulous looking, bountiful LC meals where everyone can see and smile like the Cheshire Cat as the fat melts off.

Or, everytime you walk by her, just say, "Darwin" in a happy, smug tone. ;)

Karen

2berners Thu, May-22-03 09:14

She's baiting you

and she'll keep doing it until you quit responding. She's found that and similar lines are buttons that invariably make you jump, and she'll keep pushing them as long as you keep jumping.

LCBarbara Thu, May-22-03 12:46

lisaUK and 2berners are right. :thup:

Simply refuse to get sucked into her little game. Ignore it and she will get tired of trying to get your dander up and move on to a different target.

Lisa N Thu, May-22-03 14:19

Yikes!

All the response that people that rude need is an icy stare and silence.

Iowagirl Thu, May-22-03 14:20

Hand her a bunch of Atkins sf peanut butter cups. She'll be on the toilet all day and won't have time to annoy you.

DebPenny Thu, May-22-03 14:39

Wake up call

Most of my co-workers are doing some form of low-carbing, so it's been a great source of support for me for the last 16 months or so.

However, I recently started hiking with the local chapter of the Sierra Club Singles and have had to learn to curb my tongue. ;) It turns out that a large majority of the people I hike with are very adamant that low-carbing is unhealthy and I should stop it at once (a large portion of them are also vegetarians). It's been a bit of a wake up call since I've been preaching to the choir for so long.

;-Deb

LisaUK Thu, May-22-03 15:43

Iowagirl - what a great idea!!

*evil grin*

DebPenny - these gals are vegetarians and yet they penalise YOU?? It wasn't that long ago when vegetarians were seen as 'freaks' and 'unhealthy'.

I wouldn't bother sharing anything with them, just smile knowingly as the pounds drop away. :D

gonnaBlean Thu, May-22-03 22:36

i think it would be more fun to smack her with a slab of bacon and make her eat a few eggs and cheese :roll:
it is amazing how ignorant people are about this WOE.
ok, i agree, just ignore her and she will fade away.
keep on track

doreen T Fri, May-23-03 03:39

You could always remind her that cattle and hogs are fed lots of whole grains and corn before slaughter, to make them as fat as possible.

:)

Doreen

2bthinner! Fri, May-23-03 06:26

Like Doreen said...

Look at what animals eat, and look at the animals. That's one reason I kept coming back to Atkins. Carnivores are in general skinny. (Unless fed food with corn meal as the first ingredient! You ever notice that with dog food?) Herbivores are fat (I figure it's because us "carnivores" need the fat). Omnivores also tend to be fatter. Bears and pigs come to mind. After all, you aren't what you eat. (Little artistic license, if you eat fat, you aren't. If you don't, you are :D ) Sorry, feeling a little silly this morning. Guess I'm just really happy to be finished re-entering data. :p

2bthinner! Fri, May-23-03 07:08

Here, print this out for her...

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...threadid=103533

Of course, she might believe it.... :D

di52 Fri, May-23-03 07:35

That was just tooo funny. I never heard of the Onion - gonna check that out some more!