Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   induction for longer than 2 weeks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=107093)

reeboh Wed, May-21-03 14:16

induction for longer than 2 weeks

Hi. I have been on induction now for about five weeks. After the first two weeks, I noticed my weight loss was slowing down. The first two weeks, I lost eight pounds total. Now I am losing only two pounds a week, if any at all. Is this normal? The only things that have changed for me since the first two weeks is that I started eating sugar-free jello. I'll stop eating aspartame if my induction weight loss is slowing down because of it. But if this slower weight loss is normal, I will probably keep on with my current diet.

motis Wed, May-21-03 14:22

I don't think that you need to change anything. Weight loss is naturally going to slow down. Two pounds a week is EXCELLENT progress. Have you been taking your measurements? Are you losing inches? I've been on induction for almost a month now and I haven't lost any lbs in 3 weeks, but I've lost 15 inches. :)

The weight that you lost in the beginning weeks were most likely water and will naturally go quickly. Fat takes a little longer. It likes where it lives. LOL.

Be patient. You're doing great!!

~Angi~

Pamlyn Wed, May-21-03 14:23

Hi there. You are doing roughly the same as me. I lost about 8 lb during Induction then slowed down to about 1 or 2 lb per week. I'm basically still on Induction and am happy with the weight loss. Gosh 2 lb a week is terrific! I'm only averaging 2 1/2 lb a fortnight. Honestly believe you should be happy with whats happening. Hope all goes well for you
Cheers...Pam
:wave:

hippygal Wed, May-21-03 14:25

wow

2 lbs a week is alot to be loosing.
I wish I lost at that rate !

radclerk Wed, May-21-03 14:33

I thought induction was for only two weeks?

Pugzilla Wed, May-21-03 14:38

2 lbs a week is GREAT! If that is your rate of loss, I wouldn't change anything! I also have stayed on induction and was losing very slowly, so I upped my calories and veggie carbs just slightly for a week and it really helped. However, it sounds like you don't need to do any "tweaking" at the moment. Good job! :yay:

radclerk - induction is normally two weeks, but you can stay on it up to 6 months per Atkins DANDR book, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose, and if it continues to work for you. :wave:

whyspers Wed, May-21-03 17:12

You can actually stay on induction indefinately. Dr. A has a whole section in his book about whether or not you should stay on induction or move on. Basically it boiled down to whether or not you were willing to exchange a faster weight loss for a larger variety. Not me :)

L

flangee Thu, May-22-03 20:05

Just think by the end of august you will loose like 25 pounds! what would you loose if you weren't on this WOL! :p

reeboh Sat, May-24-03 00:55

thanks!

Thanks guys, that really helped make me feel better. I have also figured out that eating sugar free jello and anything with aspartame/polyols/pollooloos (sorry can't spell and am lazy) causes my weight loss to stall.