Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Health (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My Stomach Hurts Bad (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=106521)

red1cutie Mon, May-19-03 15:23

My Stomach Hurts Bad

Hi everyone! My stomach is killing me and I don't know why especially in my lower stomach. I don't know what it could be. I want to eat but I am scared to. I have been drinking water but it seems to make it worse.

Anyone experience this? Should I eat eggs, veggies and olive oil like I want to or just drink water?

This is what I had for the day so far (nothing different from usual):
Meal 1:
2 h/boiled eggs
8 ozs broccoli
1 tablespoon coconut oil

Meal 2: (after lower body workout):
28g soy protein with water
1 oz strawberries
8 ozs broccoli
2 tablespoon coconut oil

Also, lots of water about 5 litres.

It's a holiday so I can't go to my doctor. I'm just hoping someone has felt like that and it's not something to be concerned about.

Peace
red

motis Mon, May-19-03 15:51

I was having the same problem for the first week. I figured it out one day (the hard way). I wasn't taking any fiber and I was blocked up. I would go a little bit each day, but not enough to get it all out. My stomach was KILLING me.

Do you think that could be your problem?

~Angi~

red1cutie Mon, May-19-03 16:51

Hi motis! Thanks for responding. I don't think so. I don't get constipated. I actually went alot today.

Peace
red

Tracy916 Mon, May-19-03 16:58

Does it hurt on one side in particular? It is very possible that you have either gas or are constipated. Sometimes gas can be VERY painful.
You said you had just done a lower body work out. Do you stretch first? Did you vary this from previous workouts? I had lower abdominal pain for several months some years ago - all possible abdominal problems were ruled out. I finally saw a doctor who related my abdominal pain to a problem I was having with my lower back. The abdominal pain was 'referred pain' from my back problem.

If it goes away - it was probably nothing. If it continues into tomorrow - or if you have a temperature elevation and the pain is on the lower right side- I would see a doctor. Do you still have your appendix?

Hope you feel better!

LisaUK Mon, May-19-03 17:06

It could even be somehting like trapped wind. That is so painful sometimes it isn't funny. See how you go tomorrow but if it isn't gone in a couple of days, get yourself to the Dr. Get well soon!

red1cutie Mon, May-19-03 17:28

Thanks Tracy & Lisa :D . It's slighty better but still hurts alot. I don't thinks its my abs I do the same exercises and never had a problem and my back feels fine. I will check with my Doctor tomorrow. If it's gas, is there anything I can take to make it better (low cal of course).

Peace
red

Kathy54 Mon, May-19-03 17:37

Just a thought, but is that 1 pound of broccolli you've eaten in one day? Could it be it's a bit to much roughage in one form?
:idea: Kathy

joygo Mon, May-19-03 17:56

I was in pain almost entirely for the first 2 weeks. No matter what I tried, it did not go away. I almost stopped due to the pain. Now, two weeks in, fat fast, now fat fast 1200 calories, I am regular and no pain. I just think it takes a while to adjust. :roll:

JKMOM Mon, May-19-03 18:15

coconut oil

It is DEFINATELY the coconut oil!! That causes a cleansing effect that can be painful!

black57 Mon, May-19-03 20:24

My stomach hurts now

I think it is like constipation although I had a big BM. This is really gross but when I drink warm it moves me...Wild thang!! But I think that there is more stuff that needs to come out. Too much information.

Black57

red1cutie Mon, May-19-03 20:52

Thanks Kathy, Joygo, JKMom, Black! I have gone to the washroom from the fibre so much today that I hurt. Hmm Kathy, I don't know. And I eat broccoli almost every day. Okay so it might be the coconut oil or the broccoli.

I am just finishing up TOM. I was thinking about what it could be and all sorts of crazy stuff was running through my head. Then I remembered, last night my last meal was at approx 8:30 and I did not eat until almost 10am (today was a holiday) this morning so maybe it is gas.

If so, what's an Atkin's acceptable way to relieve it? Can I have a whole can of club soda? I already drank about 6 litres of water but it was painful to do.

Help.

Peace
red