Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Amazed! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=106092)

kc766 Sat, May-17-03 18:30

Amazed!

I'm just amazed at how my appetite has diminished! (I'm in my 11th day of Induction) I have spent almost all of my 37 years with my world pretty much revolving around food. Sad, but true. Sometimes, I wasn't even out of bed in the morning and I was thinking about what I was going to eat... I hid food - so no one else could get any - and I suppose, too, so no one else could see that I had already eaten half a bag of whatever it was at the time. And, sugar.... my gosh.. the more sugar I ate, the more I wanted. I could go on and on... I truly believe that I was (am!!) addicted to carbs. I am just so thankful that I have "seen the light" and have learned about the LC WOE so that I can finally have control over food, instead of it having control over me. I hope that I am able to achieve the success that sooo many of you all have with weight loss/improved health, etc. Heck, I already feel like a new person! No more sugar cravings... no more heartburn... no more drastic mood swings... All I can say, it that I am just amazed. Very, very, happy. And, very amazed. :D

Pugzilla Sat, May-17-03 18:55

Welcome! I know exactly how you feel about the "perks" of the LC life. You will see several posts here from people who had similar experiences just a few days after beginning the Atkins plan, including losing the aches and pains, heartburn/acid reflux, mental fogginess and depression/mood swings that are experienced B.A. (Before Atkins ;) )

Great news and keep it up....it keeps getting better! And as you can see from my previous post today, it works...the pounds and inches WILL come off!

:spin: :spin: :spin:

Kathy54 Sat, May-17-03 23:53

Good for you KC766...................... How about starting a journal, it's a great tool to keep you in check :thup:
Also write out how good you feel right now, so you can refer to it, if you ever need to, it helps keep one on track. ;)

Kathy

Angelmommy Sun, May-18-03 01:38

Isnt it great !!!

Hey KC,

You can and will do it !!! Congrats on your pounds lost !!!
From my experience you will have your good and bad days dieting but if you ever fail you just get right back up on the horse and try again.

Good luck !

We can do this together !!!

Traci

Notty Sun, May-18-03 05:29

Well, your description could have been written by me. Talk about a carboholic!!!!!! For me it was bread, bread, and more bread. Any type, all meals. And to think I thought I could lose weight by reducing the amount of butter or marg on the bread. Until I read Dr Atkins book, I would never have believed that I had to throw away the bread, not the fat I put on it.

Good luck on the journey.

Alina Sun, May-18-03 05:39

Quote:
Originally posted by Notty
Well, your description could have been written by me. Talk about a carboholic!!!!!! For me it was bread, bread, and more bread. Any type, all meals. And to think I thought I could lose weight by reducing the amount of butter or marg on the bread. Until I read Dr Atkins book, I would never have believed that I had to throw away the bread, not the fat I put on it.

My life before january 27 - exactly!!!!
I have seen the light LOL
Good luck to you Notty!!!!

Birddog Sun, May-18-03 07:33

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Notty
[B]Well, your description could have been written by me. Talk about a carboholic!!!!!! For me it was bread, bread, and more bread. Any type, all meals. And to think I thought I could lose weight by reducing the amount of butter or marg on the bread. Until I read Dr Atkins book, I would never have believed that I had to throw away the bread, not the fat I put on it.

Bread was my staple, 1 and 1/2 years ago. My bread machine never got cold. Warm bread and lots of butter. Getting past the bread craving was a dozy.

aznlily68 Sun, May-18-03 14:10

CONGRATZ!!!
that's great!!! your following the plan exactly!!!
yay!!!
well, for me, i crave a lot and i think about food when i wake up and go to sleep..... :(